Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help on Rim selection

PrecisionWorx

Reaction score
Im new to the forum and I dont own a X-runner.
Instead I have a 2007 Single Cab Base model with 2.7L
I thought I would ask the question here because I am very into the performance side of modding and not off-roading.
I currently have the 15x6 stock steelies with 215/70-15 tires and 45mm offset.
Im also using the XII Performance Street drop plus kit. It says it lowers x-runners 1.75 front and 2" in the back. Since mine is a base model I think it dropped it a little lower.

Id like to get some wheels and tires that fill my fender wells a little better without going any lower, but these trucks have huge fender wells.
Wheels im looking at are 20x8.5 with 30mm offset and running 255/40-20 tires. That gives me a 4" side wall and the calculator says it will be .2" closer to suspension and 1.4" closer to fender. Also this gives me about 5/8" taller tire than im running now.

Does this sound like it will fit okay? my truck doesnt have fender flares like the x-runner but looks like I have about 1-1/2" to spare.

Once the wheels are on if I still dont like the fender well situation...what other drop components could i purchase to maybe lower another 1" all around? Could I use the components I have and just add more components or would I have to start from scratch?

Thanks

Top Bottom