Help with Wheels Please

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Wheels/Tires' started by Izhr818, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Izhr818

Izhr818 Member

Hey Bro's and Sis,
    I have a bit of an issue. I currently have a Motegi 18" MR119 on my truck at the moment and one of the wheel is bent to a point where I can feel vibrations when I drive. Went to a shop and they recommended to buy one instead of fixing it because it costs almost the same to fix it.
    Now, here's the weird thing. I went to Americas tire to order one rim and they wont sell it to me, because they said its not made for the truck. I looked the max Load for the rims and they're clearly enough for the truck.
    My question is.. is the shop right? are these wheels not made for our trucks?
    Should I still buy the same wheel on line? I really like these rims?

Many thanks,
    Izzy

Attached Files:

#1 Izhr818, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. ToyotaNewbie97

I say the shop is wrong but I know there's some shops that won't install certain tires like slicks or high performance criteria due to them not wanting take responsibility if something goes wrong.
    Never the less a shop shouldn't tell you what you can and cannot buy.

3. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Why did you go there? Did you originally get them at that shop? If you did, then they should sell you a replacement. If not, take your money elsewhere.

TitanRattler813 likes this.
  4. Izhr818

Izhr818 Member

I did not. I bought it from a third party. I just saw that they sell the same wheels.

5. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I'm with this guy