Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help!

Roby124

Reaction score
Hi. so i dont know what the previous owner did but he has these silver parts really dirty and the silver paint is coming off. I want to paint them black like most of you guys have done. is there a write up on how to do this?

it doesnt look that bad in the picture but in person it is

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 139

X-roller

Reaction score
krylon plastics is what I would recommend... it's what I have used for painting my doors.

358011450629.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
thanks. just buy some steel wool. extra fine grade will work best. - Scuff

Paint Thinner - Cleaner

Krylon Paint for Plastics - To paint

Murderface

Reaction score
Or wrap in CF vinyl.

^^^^this! I'd NEVER trust any type of paint on the plastic parts like on that door panel, there's no way that paint will not chip if anything hits it hard enough.....don't buy it. The C/F idea is a much better idea IMO and would hold up so much better in the long run. U can find the C/F vinyl on EBay to cover both panels for under $100. I was thinking of covering my whole tailgate, roof and hood with that shit to see how it would look. Gotta wait since my truck will be gone before the end of August.

sketches

Reaction score
Don't even bother with krylon just use cheapo wallmart paint we used it to black out my buddies xb interior and my old mustangs hold up great and at three bucks a can even if you ram something into it an chip it who cares just paint it again works way better then you think people flip when you tell them it walmart paint we started using it after some guy in my buddies scion club started winning awards for his xb its crazy

Top Bottom