Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HID's in Projectors

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I need to know if it is safe to put a 35w HID kit in my aftermarket projector lights. I've heard that there is a possibility of melting and I don't want that happening. Anyone been through this or have any info? I have contacted CARid where I purchased them, but they were no help!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I gave you my imput earlier saspirilla......BUMP FOR MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER ******

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Yeah, this is not looking too promising. Maybe I'm the only one....:thumpdown:

SX TOY

Reaction score
do you have a pic or specs of your setup?

Sykotic336

Reaction score
if your talking about ebay projectors i dont see why not as they sell them paired with an hid setup but cost a little more. so yes you could but thats your choice if anything happens after that. if you did a oem retrofit you could do anything you want to it lol

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
im thinking about putting hid's in my projectors also sass, i dont think it would hurt em...

stewy

Reaction score
hey amarillo x if you wanna come by toyota today we can check it i drive the black x and i work for toyota just ask for justin

NixXR462

Reaction score
Vecte had HIDs in his ebay projectors. I don't see how it would melt them. HIDs don't burn as hot as a halogen bulbs.

hankrobey

Reaction score
i mean that he should ask that question.
thats no maaco paint job.
i got my avatar up woooooooo

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Would look better with those wheels/tires u had on it earlier!

yosh2000

imfoaminhardcuz
Reaction score
I need to know if it is safe to put a 35w HID kit in my aftermarket projector lights. I've heard that there is a possibility of melting and I don't want that happening. Anyone been through this or have any info? I have contacted CARid where I purchased them, but they were no help!

it shouldnt melt, but there is a possibility. i personally would check every so often for signs of burning chrome in your projectors...see below...take it for whats its worth.

Vecte had HIDs in his ebay projectors. I don't see how it would melt them. HIDs don't burn as hot as a halogen bulbs.

you are correct that HIDs dont burn as hot as halogens, BUT...aftermarket HIDs do in fact burn hotter than OEM hids...this has been proven over on HIDplanet.com. also, there have been posts of HID kits starting to discolor OEM reflectors, as well as distorting egay black headlight shrouds....as well as burning the chrome off aftermarket blazer foglights (which is just about the size of the egay projectors in those aftermarket headlights.)

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Since I'm replacing halogen bulbs I don't see a problem so they are ordered. However, you can bet your arse that I'll be watching!

Top Bottom