Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Did You Get Your X-Runner?

Where Did You Get Your X-Runner?

• Factory Ordered it from a Dealership

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Purchased it from a Toyota/Scion Dealers Lot.

Votes: 155 39.8%
  • Purchased it Used

Votes: 158 40.6%
  • Purchased it? I Stole It!

Votes: 29 7.5%

• Total voters

CaliCorks

Reaction score
I live in Cali where I had two dealerships that had X's. The first one I went into tried to pull a fast one on me, so I walked. I drove about 10 miles on the freeway to a huge dealer and they had all three and I got my pick. I negotiated and got 2 grand off. Then they thought they were going to get me with intrest, well ha. I waited 6 months for my credit to go up, and I walked into a credit union, lowered my payment, and my apr and saved me 5k. I STOLE mine!

THE MACF

Reaction score
Went to test drive mine beginning of Feb 08, with a 06 scion that was the nicest in town. Not a very big town. Had a new RR sitting out in the back lot, dirty, garbage in the bed, been there for a while. Salesman wasn't interested, so he hopped in the passenger side and said here are the keys, don't wreck it. Went and had my fun and was instantly hooked.

Already had a deal in place back home through a family friend for Toyota employee pricing, so was just interested in what they would offer. Went back and forth for almost two hours (first numbers were $920 for 48mos) and they finally came down to $20 away from my current deal and I wouldn't have to fly home and drive it 3,000 miles back.

I signed the paper work and 3 weeks later picked up my brand new 08 BSP with 12 miles with no money down, a paid off xB, $1000 under invoice, and 4 hours after I got back from a surprise TDY

X

xrBRUTUS

Here goes again....

I was in the market for a truck since i had just lemon lawed my 06 GTO back to GM... I was looking at a ranger when across the way I see a red xrunner sitting at toyota... Soon all I heard was blah blah blah blah from the salesman, then wondered over to toyota from ford... I looked it over. Ive seen a few on the street, just never in person. I was absolutely blown away by the comparison of even the basic tacoma to the ranger... ( the planeger) That planger has no life, no soul... its just a little micro tool hauler imo. Notthing to be proud of with the windows down, downtown... So I test drive the XR... Felt like a sports car compaired to the ranger. Yeah, I now realize I was comparing apples to oranges, but honnestly... Buying this truck was a last minute choice. I didn't even consider non american for a truck until I noticed that little honey across the way. While I got a black XR because IMO it looks the best by far, It was a red one that made me notice it, and thank god..

08x

Reaction score
was in the market to get rid of my 05 tundra double cab due to gas about going up was down near a toyota dealer who had a swb and a rr on the lot test drove it and loved it called up my salesman at my moms dealer ship told him find me the truck i want it took my tundra in traded it in had to wait a week the longest week of my life to get it and 6 miles on the truck drove home in a 08 swb for a steal and everyone at the dealership wants it and ill never get rid of it even if i get into a ton of trouble

eltus

Reaction score
I went to a dealer in Beaufort SC (I was Stationed there) to look at a used 2006 BSP they had online. I got there and they wanted $20,000 and it had 40,000 miles. then I saw they also had a brand new BSP (10 miles on it) and got it for $23,500. I latter learned that the used truck got taken of the lot because it had electrical malfunctions. well that was back in march '08 due to training(w/the army jul-sep) and deployment from Sep-??? the truck has nearly 10,000 miles on it.

tyashley13

Reaction score
I had a lifted 2003 F-250 Superduty and i told my wife that i would get rid of the gas guzzler if i found something that caught my eye. Needless to say the X caught my eye. Bought my 2005 RR 2 years ago and it had 30000 miles on it. the X is the *****

05runner

Reaction score
I got mine by shear luck or coincidence in 07. I was shopping for a 2003 f-150 harley davidson edition i saw on a carmax website. I needed a truck because i was sick of others hauling my motorcycle around and charging me. So the day i went to carmax cuz i actually found the f-150 as the saleman and i walked to the truck i saw a SWB out of the corner of my eye. I fell in love at first site. Didnt even set foot in the f-150. Ended up getting the Xrunner the same day. It was an 05 had 30K on it. Been loving it since.:rockon:

fckwalm

Reaction score
got mine at the weston, fl dealership.... almost bought a used BR up near me in Coral Springs, fl... but decided to buy new.... they had a BSP too... ..... i still like the BR color though real nice but still love my SWB

TRD-X

Reaction score
Okay, i'm a newbie here and I don't even own an X-Runner yet, I'm from the Great White North (Canada) where X-Runner's are scarce. I had to factory order a SWB XR as there are no '09 SWB XR's in any Toyota dealer lot in Western Canada, there is a '09 BSP on Vancouver Ilsand, B.C. I've been told, but I was also mentioned to me that it has been driven around as a demo, so imo that's not a new vehicle.

I'm just curious as to how many members have had to order their XR's from the factory or did you drive it away from the dealership inventory or you purchased it used.

I'm talking X-Runners only, not regular Taco's as they are a dime a dozen up here also, I also checked out Washington state and there is nothing there either, although given the exchange rate it's cheaper to buy in Canada.

I feel your pain Bro!:laugh::laugh: But I had no problem getting my 09 SWB off a dealers lot. Good luck finding one.:ahhhhh::ahhhhh:

stockredx

Reaction score
I got mine from a friend of my bro' in law's. He is disabled and could not own a "vehicle of value" and collect on disability. Well, while he could still drive it, he beat the living snot out of it. He rear ended a Buick, backed into a lamp post, pissed someone off to the point where they keyed the hood and whole left side from headlight to rear turn signal, and managed to dent the right side bed and left side rocker panel. He warped the flywheel and pressure plate from racing every other car on the damned road, cigarette burns all over the upholstery. (all of this in 7 months....) He could not sell it, it was a wreck, nobody was buying it. He eventually gave it to me for free. Couldn't have been better timing! The tranny in my S10 was fixing to fall apart and I needed new wheels. Of course I accepted the wrecked X-Runner! I had to straighten out the grille supports and re attach the grill, front bumper and my father-in -law bought new headlights for it too. It still looks like crap up close but hey, it is reliable. It is still dented on all 4 sides and keyed, and I had to learn how to baby the clutch to keep it from shuddering on each take off. It's my awesome, beautiful to me, bandaged together with screws, wire and bits of metal, cosmetically wrecked, free truck.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
When I bought mine I had never seen or heard of one! March 05 Saw a BSP on the showroom at the dealer where I live was a brand new! Talked to them test drove it! Loved it! The salesman turned my dad and I lose with it, guess he thought since my dad was with me I would drive it nice! Dumbass! We got bout a block away and lit it up! It was a great feeling the dealership put in a 10inch flipdown screen from the ceiling and put a custom box in there! It was what I wanted till they said that stuff made the price go up 4 grand, so we left! Made a call to the dealership in my home town, they had a SWB 200miles on it, I never saw it and told them I would take it! 3days later drove two hours there after work and drove it home! 78,000 miles later still cream everytime I see it! More so when she's clean!

Trick61

Reaction score
Wanted one from the first time i saw it like four/five years ago. Never had the money or the means to get one. When i finally did i found this one online 4 hours away 3,000 miles on it. Called them up, still got it? Yup. Be there Sat afternoon to pick it up. Went to the bank got the check, took a buddy of mine and drove down there Sat morning. Test drove it and the guy was, well what do yo think, you want it? I asked if they would budge at all on the Price (17,999), told me nope and said ok here is the check. Drove it home and loved it every day since!!

rich017

Reaction score
I got mine as an early graduation present summer of 2007 before I started my senior year. David Maus Toyota and there were only 2 more X-runners for sale in Orlando new

I had never seen one on the road before and the first time I saw the truck was back in 04 when it was in the Road & Track magazine. Now they are everywhere:thumpdown:

teamben158

Reaction score
...Now they are everywhere:thumpdown:

The big thing that attracted me to the X was that I had/still have only seen 1 other X on the road and it was a RR. I guess these trucks aren't popular in the Chicagoland area, which makes me happy! I get more compliments on my truck than I know what to do with. :crinklehair:

I bought my truck used from some tiny dealership in Hammond, IN (50 miles away). My brother bought a S-10 Extreme years ago, so it got me into the sport truck state of mind. When I finally got bored of my Scion tC (which is really everywhere), I started looking for Xs. It took me months to find one that was 2007+ (didn't want to trade my current car in for an older one), had less than 20,000 miles (want to keep this truck for a long time. Truck had 12k on it at purchase time) and was priced right (paid 18,500 and it came with some nice add ons)

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I walked onto the lot. Put a deposit on it cash.. then bought the rest with cash.. well.. sorta almost all of it.

Needless to say the lady who I talked too was a bit slack jawed..

Oh yeh. Used, from a dealer.

SpeedX

Reaction score
The way I got my x-runner is unique in my kind of words. Back in July of 2005 I was on R&R from a 15 month Iraq deployment and my wife and I were driving towards California Seaworld and saw a red X-Runner and told my wife that the truck was really nice. I never saw the truck in person not test drive, it but in December of 2005 I told my wife to go to the dealer and order me a speedway blue, which took about 2 months to get. I was frustrated and mad because it actually took 2 weeks longer than the 2 months to get. Once it came in purchased cash. My first mod was ordered before I even seen, drove and bought the truck, which was a 3 piece grill. Once I got it, modding begun.

alexxwing

Reaction score
i Stole mine hell with payments and paper work i walked up to the dealer ship told them i left my bsp xrunner in the back they came with the keys and i booked it to mexico for the first year till the heat came down then got a truck permit to bring it back to the states and thats how i stole my first xrunner!!! dont try this at home im a profetional mexican! haha

DoubleD

Reaction score
I saw it first time at the LA car show Nov. of 2004. The day after I called the motor man on the radio and asked him what he thought about it because I knew he was at the car show. So that day I started making phone calls. Called every dealership in CA, NV, AZ, WA, and UT. After a week of phone calls ending in "Whats an X-runner" I found one in Glendora CA and drove right there and test drove it with 1 mile on the OD and slapped down the money. They would not let me take in home for 3 days because they wanted to showcase it for a few days. I got it back with 6 miles on it on Nov. 13 2004 and I have driven every mile on her since!

Top Bottom