Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Did You Get Your X-Runner?

Where Did You Get Your X-Runner?

• Factory Ordered it from a Dealership

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Purchased it from a Toyota/Scion Dealers Lot.

Votes: 155 39.8%
  • Purchased it Used

Votes: 158 40.6%
  • Purchased it? I Stole It!

Votes: 29 7.5%

• Total voters

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I actually found mine searching through Ebay. I was looking for a vehicle with good gas mileage (2008) because of the spike. I was on my way back from my tour in Iraq and needed a new set of wheels. I had a Jeep Wrangler before, and wanted one again, just didn't want the outrageous gas mileage. So, I Googled what the best truck was on gas mileage, and it came up for the Toyota Tacoma. I searched all over Ebay just browsing at what was out there, and then it popped. Bam! I saw a BSP X-Runner staring at me, and it couldn't have been more perfect. It was like the first time that I saw my wife! Haha
So, I talked with the dealership and had it sent to me in TN, so when I arrived back into the US, about two days later my truck was delivered to me. I'll never look back after getting my X, it's the baddest thing I own!

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
I was driving by the dealer in my 00 taco when I caught the swb x from the corner of my eye sitting at the entrance so I pulled in and traded in my truck in the spot for itit was love at first sight.laugh:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Bought the lease from a private seller. Had 6200 miles on it and 2 years old.

speciald

Reaction score
got mine off my dad who never drove it 1000km in two years.
now my summer time dd . i hate canadian winters

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
You're not the only one

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I was with my mother looking for my first car. Had looked at an 08 300C SRT8 that was loaded up, for 27k out the door. Tempted, it was baller status. Looked around at a few other car places, went to the local yota dealer and looked at the 4x4 tacomas. I liked them, but it just diddnt click with me, I absolutely hated the interior. I came back up to the front of the dealer about to leave and I saw the SWB. They just aquired it from a trade-in and had just put it out on the lot for sale.

I had very limited experience driving a manual, and was by no means decent at it. The dealer kinda helped me get it going and then I got the hang of the clutch and tranny by the time we left the parking lot I had it figured out. Came back, and an hour later I drove off the lot with it. Bought for 18k out the door with 40k on the odo. Stock mint condition. Wish I could still say that lol, but even without it being immaculate it still turns heads every day and I love the crap out of it. Needs a TSK to really enjoy the drive again though.

vr4flip

Reaction score
Purchased it used from a ford dealership after they wouldn't give me a good deal on an FX2 and decided i needed a truck that weekend cus i wanted to haul my motorcycle. Best spur of the moment purchase i've ever made.

DBX

Reaction score
Told a dealer what I wanted, told them to find it and give me a call, they did, and I got within the week.

gunner76137

Reaction score
My wife bought me mine for our 2 year wedding anniversary present.

elsopas

Reaction score
i saw the truck on the street find out how much save money three years and buy the truck cash!!!! i suffer a loth cause during all this time i drove a s10 and breack down loths of times

yak55

Reaction score
In the good old days before you could locate cars on the internet in 2001 I was looking for an S runner I stopped at about 20+ Toyota dealer on a road trip from Indiana to Texas. Only when I got to Texas did I find a single dealer that said the could find me a S runner ,unfortunately they took full advantage of this knowledge and I had to pay way too much to get my S runner. I was so mad about the lies tricks and games they played on me that I refuse to step foot in that dealer and tell everyone I know to avoid it.

My S runner was totaled in late 2005 due to the negligence of another driver. I was able to search the internet for a used 2005 X runner and learned of a dealer 100 miles away with two used X runners with less than 20K miles on their lot. I walked on to their lot and was able to buy one at a fair price, knowing that I could always walk away and still find another lightly used X runner on the internet.

Reaction score
I found mine after I wrecked my old POS Cobalt. That car gave me hell and I had been forever looking for a way to get rid of it but never could because I still owed too much on it. Long story short, wreched the damn thing, insurance totalled it, went next door to CarMax after work one day and was looking at their trucks. I initially wanted a GMC Sierra but it was too much for me to afford and I glanced down the row and there it was. The shiny SWB nose stood out from everything else in the row and I knew instantly what it was. Took it for a test drive, bought it that night, and never looked back! :adore:

Celiblue

Reaction score
I drove it off the lot wit 13 miles on the odometer. I almost got in a wreck getting out of the dealer and onto the freeway since I had never driven a rear wheel drive car before. I just stomped on it. Redlining on a brand new truck felt great lol! Ahhh to be young again, 68k miles and still counting......

Xfataldesires

Reaction score
I wanted a new truck walked on to the lot and there it was love at first site 18 inch rims that BSP paint job the body style and lip kit yup i was in heaven ask the sales guy how much and made the paper work paid the guy $29,834.76 cash and drove away happy as ever

SDXR619

Reaction score
I know SoCal has a ton of X drivers but I couldn't find hardly any in the color (BSP) but 2 in San Diego County. All the other Toyota dealers told me that I couldn't even order a new one if I wanted to (possible lies) . As a last ditch effort before giving up the hunt I called the Toyota dealer closest to my house just to see if they had got any in and they had just happened to got one in that morning! So i went over checked it out just after they detailed it, haggled price and took it for 1k under bluebook. I was happy.

Chewy

Reaction score
I saw my truck on ebay after about 6 months of searching, then saw it taken down. I contacted the seller, turned out to be a pawn shop just south of Daytona, I was going near there for the Daytona Turkey run. Went to Daytona, didn't see anything I liked so I drove down to the pawn shop. After a test drive I was in love, offered the guy $13k in cash. They thought I was nuts, convinced them I had the actual green stuff, and they said yes.

TegoXR

Reaction score
At the time I wasn't even looking for a truck, always like to go to my local dealership every once in awhile and check out what they have. There she was the RR X-Runner sitting on the lot, never seen one in person, read about it on the internet...fell in love with it but that day I was only a window shopper. Asked the sales guy how much they were asking for it, instead of telling me the price, he threw the keys and told me take her for a rip and to make sure to drive it like I stole it! Now before I took her for a test drive, I had previously owned a 2005 Tacoma and 2003 4Runner with the same V6, so I thought it would be nothing special...both autos btw. I started her up, had a bit of a growl, so far I'm loving it. They gave me a gas card to fill it up before I head out to the highway. I pulled up to the gas station, and the attention this truck got was unbelievable...I'm loving it! Filled her up and got on to the on ramp, did a 3rd gear pull and I was impressed, biggest grin on my face! Immediately fell in love with the truck, unfortunately I had to return to the dealership but man did I have the biggest grin on my face, it was like I got laid for the very 1st time...lol!

I go home that night to my gf, (living with her at the time 3 kids, 2 different dads, married twice...just a bad situation all around...thinking with my d*ck instead of my head), told her about the truck, explained to her that financially it would be a better choice over the 4Runner I had at the time. "You buy that truck, there will be consequences!!!" Kept my mouth shut that night but the next morning was the kicker! Told her I was going to pay some bills and that I'll see her later that day. Went down to the dealership and purchased the X-Runner...never went home that night and to top it off we both worked at the same place...lol! So that was the end of that relationship...thank god! And that my friends, is how I got my X-Runner!

adamewwy

Reaction score
bought mine back in July of this year (2011). Saw a 06 BSP sitting at local Nissan dealership. Kinda funny huh? well it sat for like 3 days and I knew that it wouldn't last long so I went up there and test drove it. An hour later I was driving away in it saying goodbye to my 05 Explorer Sport Trac on 22"s. Went back to dealership the following day to pick up extra keys/remotes and they told me that a guy had come up there not 10 minutes after I left trying to buy it. He was pretty bummed I bet to hear that I had drove off in it just minutes before. LOL...I'm loving my X and plan to keep it for a long time.

2006 BSP 38K miles...already had SS drop, 20" black Boss 335's, tailgate spoiler, APR X-1, Eyelids, BHLM, LFM, FLM, and B/O grille emblem. Pretty good start for me to take over.

Top Bottom