Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you install a shift light?

LSU-XRU

Reaction score
Looking to install a shift light but cant figure out what to wire it to

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Asked this question a while back, but no one could really reply.....lol.....look into the autometer pill kits........idk maybe someone else has a better idea

LSU-XRU

Reaction score
was thinking i could use a low tire pressure light or something to rewire but idk how to do that haha

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
well thats possible but what i meant was you could just purchase a small shift light, and the actuall pil kit just so you can choose what you want it to redline too, however i have nO CLUE

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I havent done it but I would think you can buy an off the shelf shift light and then tap into the RPM signal.

The X1 flashes the check engine light I think.

justin13703

Reaction score
If you wanna do a shift light it should probably only need power and an rpm signal. I had to tap into an injector pulse wire that is in my dash for my remote start, you could probably use the same wire for a shift light.

outlaw7

Reaction score
you could buy my dual interceptor setup. It reads rpm's through the obd2 port. You have the option to set a limit on the rpm's to trigger the two bright red leds on the top of the gauge. I have it set at 5000, so when the tach hits 5000 two bright red lights are flashing on my pillar.

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Any high speed electrical guys out there that can pin point the signal wire?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
On my truck (dont know if they changed anything on 2012) it should be:

Tachometer BLACK/WHITE (-) OBDII CONNECTOR

That is from a source I used when I did my alarm/remote start install.

To test you should be able to turn a meter to AC voltage and see it change when you rev the engine.

justin13703

Reaction score
On my truck (dont know if they changed anything on 2012) it should be:

Tachometer BLACK/WHITE (-) OBDII CONNECTOR

That is from a source I used when I did my alarm/remote start install.

To test you should be able to turn a meter to AC voltage and see it change when you rev the engine.

Yeah that should be it, I'll double check tomorrow to see if I can find out if it's the same for 05 to 08 and 2012.

LSU-XRU

Reaction score
you could buy my dual interceptor setup. It reads rpm's through the obd2 port. You have the option to set a limit on the rpm's to trigger the two bright red leds on the top of the gauge. I have it set at 5000, so when the tach hits 5000 two bright red lights are flashing on my pillar.

How much and do you have any pictures?

Top Bottom