Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you remove the mesh on the hood scoop?

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Just like the title says...I need to insert the last grille.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The mesh is put on with little plastic rivets to the plastic insert. In order to get it out you will have to take the hood scoop out and be careful when doing so not to let any of the screws and bolts slide down the frame of the hood. Once its out you will see how to remove the rest.. real simple. just use a drill to take out the plastic rivets.

xtoplinex

Reaction score
awesome...will do as soon as I get my grilles in. :top: Thanks.

DOGO X

Reaction score
If you drill out the rivets make it simple :top:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Well I removed the whole assembly and just laid the billet grille in there....it came out nice..and now it's functional.:top:

CIMG0690.jpg

CIMG0692.jpg

CIMG0694.jpg

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Is it painted or just black plastic?

he had it powder coated black, it came billet (black in the back with polished bars)

edit: now i see why you asked that.. he was meaning that it came as billet and he had to go have it power coated, my bad :frown:

07XR808

Reaction score
once you have the scoop out you will see the little black rivits that hold the mesh to the black plastic.

once the bolts are unscrewed how does the scoop come out? I tried pulling it up from the outside but it didnt budge:hmmmm2:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
You gotta make sure all bolts are loose and just pull it out, mine was pretty tough. i pushed it from the bottom, i kinda snaps in i think.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Theres a secrew in the very front...look before you break that scoop

DOGO X

Reaction score
Yea man there is one from under the hood that barley you can see it

Matt's06

Reaction score
I just took mine out. I am happy with it. You can feel the heat coming out of it with your hand. Although you can't technically say that the hood scoop is now functunal since your not drawing air into the engine. It does however reduce under hood temps. I think this is the best free mod for our trucks. :rock:

Top Bottom