Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Many GA folk are there?

XrnrEagle08

Reaction score
Hey fellow Xrnr Bro's I'm in the Atlanta area. I would like to meet up with other people who have these awesome rides.

bigdreams

Reaction score
I'm up for an August meet. Like I've said, I can host a mod day. My apartment has plenty of parking across from my building and I have a decent car port for shade while working. We can even have a potluck BBQ or something. Assuming I don't deploy, August should be great. Weather is pretty good that time of year

Reaction score
So it should be done! I'll try to hammer out details over the next couple of months (I do have to get my CCNA and CCNP certifications in that same time so I will be a smidge busy) but otherwise, should be great getting to know some of the local XR guys.

I can't tell you how terribly I miss my baby now. I got the SWB at the very end of the year and now I'm back overseas missing her.

By the way, any of you coming out to Camp Leatherneck any time soon, let me know. I'm here doing my contractor thing. :)

Reaction score
Alrighty... so folks, my plans have changed for the better. Apparently with my contract, my R&R times don't affect my contract end date like I thought it did. So, instead of being home on August 21st, it'll be more like July 21st. This is great news. I would still like to plan a massive shindig for August but perhaps it could be early August.

I was also thinking, in order to span the greatest number of folks available to come, why don't we make this a Southeast meet or a Georgia/Florida meet? Here's my thoughts, we meet up in ATL as a starting point. Anyone who wants to begin here is more than welcome. Then, we'll travel along the interstates as sort of a rolling convoy of XR's down to somewhere in S. Georgia, picking up people along the way. Then, we continue traveling southward to Florida. Ultimately, I want to head somewhere near south Florida. Haven't mapped out a route yet but just spitting my thoughts out there. I know that these trucks aren't the most fuel efficient around but I can only imagine this would make for some KILLER photos.

So, thoughts?

bigdreams

Reaction score
So I've just gotten word that I'll be going to Iraq at the end of this month. Should be home by end of July with plenty of leave days accumulated. It'd be a waste of gas for me to meet up in ATL. But head south on 75 to Macon and then east on 16 to savannah. We can meet up there and eat on River St. Then we can head south on 95 down into FL. My wife, daughter, and I can end our journey in the Cocoa Beach area to visit my wife's family. What y'all do after that is up to you. But Orlando would be a great destination

Reaction score
Excellent BD. Good call on that. I concur with that.

Good luck in Iraq. What do you do there? I know some folks over there.

bigdreams

Reaction score
Well, my job is in artillery. But I'll more than likely be stuck doing some guard duty on a FOB (Forward Opperating Base) that rarely gets attacked

Reaction score
I'm in SatCom so yeah, our paths rarely cross.

I'm on the base in Delaram right now with the Marines. I'm a contractor though. If you head over here to Afghannyland, let me know. I'm here doing my thing in Helmand. I typically won't be out at FOB's that often. I once went to a COP that was super tiny. I stood at one side and could make out the person on the other side.

bigdreams

Reaction score
I could really use that nice deployment money and earn a combat patch for my right sleeve

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
My wife and I might attend this. Her friend lives in atl so that will give us an extra reason to make the drive lol

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
My wife and I might attend this. Her friend lives in atl so that will give us an extra reason to make the drive lol

Heck ya bro! :top: It's lookin like i'll be back in GA around the middle of June so hopefully we can get something together by then.

bigdreams

Reaction score
So I'm officially a GA X-Runner. Just got my GA tag this morning. No more AL tag on my truck. Now I just gotta get a GA driver license and I'll be set. Lol. Good bye and good riddance to AL

Reaction score
Glad to see all the enthusiasm about this meet. I am gonna make it happen. Of course, since this is a collective thing, any input on location, to-do's, etc are welcome. I wanna make this as fun and accessible as it can be for all parties involved.

Also BigDreams, welcome to the durty souf'! I've lived in Georgia all my life (except the 6 months thus far I've been out here). I love Georgia. Unfortunately, the wife and I might be moving to California as early as next year but we shall see.

bigdreams

Reaction score
Man, I've lived in da souf for a long time. Born in Knoxville, TN (unfortunately) and moved to the Birmingham, AL area when I was 7 and lived there up until I left for basic training this month last year when I was 23. But anyway, I have 18 days of leave saved up and will just get more over the next few months. So I should be good to go on this convoy road trip unless I get deployed in which I won't be home until mid July time frame. I'm really looking forward to this event. I don't know what time y'all plan to leave from ATL, but if it's late by the time y'all get to the Savannah area then there's decent cheap lodging around here in the Hinesville area. Maybe even get a few rooms at Army Lodging on post which has fantastic rooms for cheap. Or if it's ok with my wife, everyone can crash in my living room after a night of beer and drinking games. Lol. We'll see. But like I said before, when we leave from my area we can take I-95 south into FL and maybe make a stop in Daytona Beach. Anyone know of any events in the June or July time frame? Hopefully some car show or something

Reaction score
Well I definitely won't be around for a June meet because I should still be in country (that is if my company doesn't get their ****ing act straight).

I think the plan was a late July to mid August timeframe thought.

That's cool that you've lived in the south for a while. I've been a GA boy all 26 years.

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
I'm down for a meet where ever but since it'll be summer of course i'm down for the beach:top:.

Can't really do a meet where everyone drives to Daytona ( wish I could )....cause I just can't afford road trips that far...dang economy:thumpdown:

bigdreams

Reaction score
Better start saving now. Lol. Here's another thought: first leg of the trip will be on a saturday from ATL to my house and hit up a good watering hole that evening. Sunday morning we could do a couple simple mods to our trucks and then head out that afternoon. Some people may go back home while others drive down to FL

Top Bottom