How would you feel?

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by RedXr, Jun 13, 2008.

1. RossK35

RossK35 Active Member

Truck will run fine without the flash. It will just be rich. I drove mine for a bit before flashing it, but i took it easy.

2. Clokwrk

Clokwrk New Member

Yeah I agree. Since they had to be retarded and not properly follow the instructions it got f'ed up, but YOU STILL GOT THOSE NUTS IN YOUR HAND! Hope it all turns out well my friend.:top:

3. RedXr

RedXr New Member

update haha- so turns out that the s/c install went fine, turns out that the tech had to have a little fun in my truck and he spun the clutch out on my truck. kind of annoying but this thing was giving me problems and now its their problem, haha. so everythings fine motor wise, now i just have to wait till they get the new clutch components in.

edit- i reset the trip meter so im gonna see how much fun he really had in it.

4. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Did they tell you this?

Sounds almost like terms for a lawsuit if so :dontknow:

5. RedXr

RedXr New Member

well no service writer just told me that the clutch went. but i am putting 2 and 2 together cuz this thing was driving fine when it went in. ill find out more later on today.

6. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Play your cards right and you can have these guys in the palm of your hand if they did in deed tear the clutch out with abuse, now proving it may hard to do if they don't admit to it tho. :rolleyez:

7. VaBchXRunner

VaBchXRunner "The Bargain Baron"

i wouldn't pay a dime for all this bs, tell them to eat it! On another note there should be a warrenty card in the trd box make sure you get that back.

8. RedXr

RedXr New Member

O heck no im not paying a dime. They are installing the components tomorrow everything free. btw thanks for that warranty card info. ill get that.

9. the backpack

the backpack New Member

the is the reason i always install everything myself

you know how many times i've dropped my truck off to get the oil changed, and a tech that CAN'T DRIVE STICK gets in my truck - they always stall at least once

i change my own oil now

good to hear everything's free

keep us updated

10. Simplex Effect

Simplex Effect New Member

Lol, me too.

The guy you are talking to probably knows nothing of it, but a mechanic should be able to follow the instructions.

11. eXuser01

eXuser01 New Member

ask for the old clutch :top:

12. RedXr

RedXr New Member

ya good idea on that. :top:

13. RedXr

RedXr New Member

another update/question?- i got my truck back, wow!, power is very smooth and pulls so hard for so long. i am very happy with it. My new clutch, feels great, everything feels so new. Problem though; seems like they missed a torque or forgot locktight on the upper s/c pulley, cuz that bolt already came out. My question is, is that pully forged on there? or will that thing come off. I am going to find a bolt to fit it but i think it is letting out pressure from the s/c cuz it threw a CE light. help!

14. daveczrn

daveczrn New Member

i would definatly get that nut quick. I'm sure the pulley is pressed on there... but you need that nut. And yes i'm sure it's slipping and that's why you got the check engine light. i would try not to drive it hard as that can come off.

15. RedXr

RedXr New Member

ya i am staying out of the boost no doubt. does anyone have the instructions and can tell me the bolt size and torque specs? thanks very much.

16. XrunnIT

XrunnIT Active Member

As far as the S/C pulley bolt, I would ask Gadget and URD. Seeing how they have made a s/c pulley already they should have all the specs on parts for that. :top:

17. trd_sport

trd_sport Active Member

^what bolt lol?

18. BSPX

BSPX Member

wow....just wow. I hate toyota dealersh*ts...

19. AK_Tacodude

AK_Tacodude New Member

There is no bolt on the supercharger's snout. The pulley is pressed on. There is however a hole that is drilled and tapped. No bolt though.

20. quicky06

quicky06 New Member

yea taht would be a hole put thier for the installer.