Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need help In a new head unit

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
Ok so I have one already, but it's starting to annoy me with the delay of it. So this is what I'm looking for. A DD head unit with iPod control that allows it to play videos from the iPod. I'm also looking for one that has an expansion for HD radio, one cd player, and customizable images I can place on it. If anyone can help with some ideas let me know. Also with navigation included with it. Please help guys cuz I'm lost......

rich017

Reaction score
Ok so I have one already, but it's starting to annoy me with the delay of it. So this is what I'm looking for. A DD head unit with iPod control that allows it to play videos from the iPod. I'm also looking for one that has an expansion for HD radio, one cd player, and customizable images I can place on it. If anyone can help with some ideas let me know. Also with navigation included with it. Please help guys cuz I'm lost......

You will need to purchase something else for any of them to play the ipod. I recommend an Eclipse AVN726E. It is by far the best head unit available right now. Plus it plugs right into our factory harness.

XRunnerDevil07

Reaction score
You will need to purchase something else for any of them to play the ipod. I recommend an Eclipse AVN726E. It is by far the best head unit available right now. Plus it plugs right into our factory harness.

Excellent. Will i have to buy something for it to play the iPod Video?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I like my Pioneer AVH-P4100. Does all that and more. Only thing it doesn't have is Navigation. But the audio EQ on it is dope! I can take pics or post a video later if you want. By far, it's way better than my Alpine 205.

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
AVIC-X910BT is what your looking for. very user friendly and simply a badass unit. you can pick up an ebay new for 600. a lil less if your lucky.

PS: pioneer has a $100 rebate on them till the end of march i believe. but it has to be bought from an authorized dealer

XRunnerDevil07

Reaction score
AVIC-X910BT is what your looking for. very user friendly and simply a badass unit. you can pick up an ebay new for 600. a lil less if your lucky.

PS: pioneer has a $100 rebate on them till the end of march i believe. but it has to be bought from an authorized dealer

yeah i was looking at those, but don't they have slow load up times like some of the other pioneer units do?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
yeah i was looking at those, but don't they have slow load up times like some of the other pioneer units do?

Not at all. Depends on the model that you get. All DD's will have some sort of load time, but my Pioneer starts right away.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Mort-runner, I am saving up for the 4100 right now, there are about $400 on egay and they have everything but nav. Personally I don't like the nav units that come with decks I much prefer to use my Garman when I need. Also as a plus with the 4100 you can hook up a back up cam if you wanted to. :top:
:canada:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I agree with Mort-runner, I am saving up for the 4100 right now, there are about $400 on egay and they have everything but nav. Personally I don't like the nav units that come with decks I much prefer to use my Garman when I need. Also as a plus with the 4100 you can hook up a back up cam if you wanted to. :top:
:canada:

Dude! You'll totally love it when you get it. The back up camera is just the tip of the iceberg with the 4100. I'll take pics and a video of what it can do tomorrow. There's a bunch of vidz on YouTube about it, but they don't go into detail. I had to just take a risk and get it when I did. Best audio decision I've ever made. I paid about $478 total for my deck, iPod cable, & dash kit (wire harness included with dash kit).

Tunedx

Reaction score
Two best hu would be Pioneer's flagship Z110BT and Kenwood DNX7140. It has improved alot over the old models which had slower bootup times. It has a backup battery and faster processor. Kenwood DNX7140 is also a great choice. Nav is top notch supported by Garmin and very responsive searching through the menus. This hu is complex to use which is a major compliant. Crutchfield sells refuribished hu $200 cheaper but extended warrantty can be purchased for additional $80.

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigation/pioneer-avic-z110bt/4505-3430_7-33712800.html

http://www.crutchfield.ca/kenwood_dnx_7140_dvd_navigation_receiver_p/113dnx7140.htm

rich017

Reaction score
Avic's are complete garbage if you ask me. They take forever to load, etc... Kenwood makes a decent unit if you spend a grand so you can get the 3 pre-outs, but the Garmin is nice. If you want something to make your system sound good....Eclipse is the way to go. 5V pre-outs instead of the 1 or 2v that everyone else has and the Eclipse units just don't break. Period

You couldn't pay me to own an Avic. Any kind of experience I have had with an Avic has been crap.

Also, watch out for those extended warranties you buy online. They like to go out of business so you are screwed:smile:

Last edited:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
ahh ok great, now does it charge the ipod/iphone as well or naw.

Yes, the iPod cable charges all iPods and iPhones. I have the iPhone 3G S and it runs the iPod and the audio from the apps on it. I listen to Radio stations in LV, LA, SD, etc. in my car here in Hawaii.

Here's a video of it that I took earlier.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnzL3WjDMfo

Here are some pics...

100_3637.jpg

100_3628.jpg

100_3630.jpg

100_3631.jpg

100_3634.jpg

I should rephrase what I posted earlier. There is delay, but not bad. As you can see in the video, it usually goes right to it. Hope this helps. Not a lot of people are running this DD cause it doesn't have Navigation on it, but to me, it doesn't need it. And because there isn't Navi on it, there's a lot more options that this thing has.

XRunnerDevil07

Reaction score
That's exactly what i'm looking for Mort. Dude thank you so much for those vids. i think i know which one i want............

THE ONE YOU GOT!!!:rockon::rockon:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
That's exactly what i'm looking for Mort. Dude thank you so much for those vids. i think i know which one i want............

Glad I could help man. You'll totally love this deck. The output is great as well. Plus it's Bluetooth capable, so if you have an iPhone, you buy the Bluetooth add on, and you can pull up all your contacts, make calls, etc from the DD. I'm gonna eventually get that. But if you need more specs or what not, you can ask.

Oh, BTW, this deck has DivX play back, so all those AVI files you download, it will play it on either a burned DVD data disk or on USB. :top:

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score

DAMN!!! I'm sold...I wasn't even looking for a deck. :adore:I've been an Alpine man my whole life, but DAMN, that deck is Very Niiiiiiice!!!:top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Haha! I owned and Alpine DD before this one. Then it was stolen and it allowed me to get this DD, which is WAY better!

Top Bottom