Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ideas for garage workbench

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So as I slowly get my garage cleaned out and organized (from moving in a couple months ago), i'm wanting to put in a work bench, cabinets, etc.

So to try and get some ideas on how i want it to look, lets see how your work area is setup. :top:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I only have bikes in my garage.. not the pedal kind either. And my summer tires. :(

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Nobody has a work bench in their garage??

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
do this - ford:

Besing_3_detail.jpg

RumRunner

Reaction score
I have 2 work benches in my garage, kinda at an L-shape, and then another on the other side against the wall . I have a small bandsaw, drill press, welder, and dremel set-up. I think the best type of work benches are old kitchen cabinets and counter-tops. I used to have these in my garage and they were the perfect height and super cheap. Make sure you have plenty of light above the bench, its a PIA trying to work on something with no light

Coupe

Reaction score
I would make a trip to Sears. I use these work centers. I but them together and I built a stainless steel top to go over it.

These are from my archive and really do not show my bench very well. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.
garage072.jpg

garage069.jpg

garage064.jpg

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Al borland has one of the nicest garages' I've ever seen :adore: :adore: :adore:

Coupe

Reaction score
I don't know. Blastap's was a pretty cool set up.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Nobody has a work bench in their garage??

not yet. but I already have mine planned out.
there's a built in shelf already, and I took a micro-lam beam from the construction, and I built a bench using it. It's 8x24 and about 6 ft long. it's kinda small, but a heavy S.O.B. and should work out nicely for what I need.
We should be moving in by first week of december, I get home the 15th of December, and I'll have pics posted within a few days. we haven't bought furniture for the house yet, but my garage is ready to be finished the second we move in. my chick rocks. lol :top: she told me that the 46' chevy truck I'm gonna build is the first thing to be moved in. :rockon:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a garage anymore, but I do have a workshop. I built all my benches custom, mostly out of laminated premium grade 2x4's and 2x10's (for larger cross bracing) using mortise and tenon joints. I ended up getting these cabinets for storage and so far have been very happy with them:

Got one of these:
403344_500.jpg

And two of these to go on either side of my pegboard:
403222_500.jpg

Since my new workshop is kind small, storage and utilization of all the wall space is imperative. So in addition to the cabinets, peg board and benches, I went around the entire room with the Gladiator track system and have various hooks, shelves, etc for additional storage and organization:

883049027982.jpg

Now... if they could only come up with something to keep my tools out of the floor when I'm done with a project, I'd be good to go. :laugh:

Next on my list for the shop is a dust collection system. Because it's such a small space (12x16), it gets dusty REAL fast. Most of the time I just pull the stuff out the double doors onto the patio to cut it. Gives me more room in the shop and keeps the dust outside.

Top Bottom