Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm going for it.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
i would go with a JL amp. i have a 500/1 and its great with my W7 10"

Thats what i got and it is powering my jbl 10" sub. Get a JL amp but a much higher wattage or more of the 500 ones.

wshsbears

Reaction score
sounds like quite a bit of money for some bass.. i've seen people who have taken the entire back seat and replaced them with 4-12's and its nuts.. not sure if u wear ear plugs when u drive, but thats a little too much imo. r u supercharged? do u have the bbk? that money could get u a bbk and u could still get a decent sub and amp.. thats crazy

about the amp though.. JL 1000.1 X2 and u'll be set for life

07SWB

Reaction score
i had 1 10 in my truck and it was plenty, took it out to change boxes and havnt put it back in yet.. having music with no bass sucks.

firetuner911

Reaction score
i have a single kicker S12L7 powered by a kicker SX900.2 and hits harder and louder than most other setups ive seen using 2 12's get kicker and call it a day.

Bobby B

Reaction score
I've got no problem with MTX subs they hit hard and play loud. I think the JlL has the advantage of being able to stay cool and play louder and cleaner for a longer period of time. JL is for sure an SQ sub. The most amazing sub I've ever heard are by far the Digital Design Z series subs. You can juice anyone of these subs and any size of these subs with 2,000 watts and it will handle it with ease.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=z

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I've got no problem with MTX subs they hit hard and play loud. I think the JlL has the advantage of being able to stay cool and play louder and cleaner for a longer period of time. JL is for sure an SQ sub. The most amazing sub I've ever heard are by far the Digital Design Z series subs. You can juice anyone of these subs and any size of these subs with 2,000 watts and it will handle it with ease.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=z
Bobby, will be calling both of these companies you provided and give ya'll an update. I will tell ya that I am sold on MTX though. With Texas heat they have withstood unGodly days down here.:rock:

Natas

Reaction score
I recommend US Amps for your subs. I'm only running the Thunder 7500's in mine, and my US Amps USA-300 pushes them hard. I've never even turned the amp up more than half way. :top:

Maybe look into an Orion HCCA amp as well.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I recommend US Amps for your subs. I'm only running the Thunder 7500's in mine, and my US Amps USA-300 pushes them hard. I've never even turned the amp up more than half way. :top:

Maybe look into an Orion HCCA amp as well.
Is this a d-class amp???

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Get a Jackhammer! 22" wide and 23" Tall! GOOD STUFF!!! :top: LOL!!!

BSPX

Reaction score
us amps are badass. Personally I would seriously check out reaudio.com before I got those subs. I work at Circuit City and have installed my share of 9500 series subs, they pound hard, but not as well as the reaudio XXX subs. JL 1000.1 is my pick for amp as well. Actually I hear the new alpine digital amps are pretty amazing. They never get hot and are extremely small.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
are you seriously making a blowthrough for just two 12's? LOL

MTX are not the subs of the gods i hope you understand that...
there are MANY cheaper alternatives out there that will slam way harder than a MTX 9500 series

not trying to knock your subs...they are decent but not the best
please post pics of you progress

Bobby what was the amazing sound coming out of the DD subs?
DD sounds like ass...the DD lineup is basically good for SPL and thats about it
40hz doesnt sound that great to me

07XR808

Reaction score
excuse me because im a n00b...but what does SPL mean and what is that good for?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
excuse me because im a n00b...but what does SPL mean and what is that good for?

Pulled directly from Google :top:

Google said:
SPL - A measure in decibels of the sound power produced by an object. It is measured with a sound level meter. There are contests held to see what vehicle can produce the highest SPL through its sound system.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Well I am being discouraged with this project. Has anyone ever done a cut through??( Hole in the back of the cab to the bed). I am finding problems sealing the box. There will not be a topper, camper or anything else covering this bed. So the box will be exposed to the elements. I thought that spraying the box with bedliner would solve this problem but I am hearing over and over that it will be VERY VERY hard to do.:motz: Has anyone done this before??

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
I woudn't do it, especially for only 2 12s...I like your enthusiasm though. :top:

If you were gonna make it a comp SPL vehicle or strictly a show truck, that woudl be a different stroy...

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
heres the scematics...

two 12's = weaksauce for blow thru
no tonneau cover = dont do the blow thru

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
are you seriously making a blowthrough for just two 12's? LOL

MTX are not the subs of the gods i hope you understand that...
there are MANY cheaper alternatives out there that will slam way harder than a MTX 9500 series

not trying to knock your subs...they are decent but not the best
please post pics of you progress

Bobby what was the amazing sound coming out of the DD subs?
DD sounds like ass...the DD lineup is basically good for SPL and thats about it
40hz doesnt sound that great to me
I'm glad u r a member here since the rest of us would not be able to put a system in our trucks without ya. :rolleyez:

Top Bottom