Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

increasing stability

thunderkat1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was wondering what kind of upgrades could I do to increase the handling on the truck other than lowering it? I would like to keep the stock height. Do polyurethane bushings make a difference? sway bars strut bars? I'm not experienced in this sort of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
twisted creations has some nice @ss traction bars that I have heard are awesome. Others will probably post about them.

thunderkat1

Reaction score
From what I understand traction bars are for getting the power to the ground while limiting wheel hop. They are on my list of possible buys.

emo_X

Reaction score

thunderkat1

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I don't know much about suspension mods so anything is helpfull. If there is anything else you could suggest I'd be game.

Last edited:

emo_X

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I don't know much about suspension mods so anything is helpfull. If there is anything else you could suggest I'd be game.

well if ur going to stay at stock height then there's not much

but u can call flex-a-form.com and they can make u rear leaf springs it will be around 400+

hoping later to get a group buy later for around 300+ with a 2in drop:top:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=8461
here is some info but this is for 2in drop

Grumpy

Reaction score
You don't need strut bar, those are only for unibody vehicle. They are use to stiffen up the chassis. We have body-on-frame construction, so strut bar is not needed.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Maybe some Stronger Spring and stiffer shocks might do the trick, and traction bar might help.... Dunno.

Definit lowering the truck is a plus!

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Someone needs to make a Front Strut Bar and Sway Bar.

Those with Traction bars in the rear would make a potent change in driving habit with the X-R. :)

Last edited:

project-c2

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I might attempt the rear sway bar mod and install Urethane sway bar bushings. Easy and cheap.:biggrin:

wshsbears

Reaction score
TTC traction bars and sway bar bushings stiffened my lowered truck amazingly! im still not completely adapted to the stiffer truck. they're amazing. as for the front, depending on funds, u could get stiffer springs and shocks, but u will reduce a lot of body roll by lowering even if its 2 in. like the C2C kit.

thunderkat1

Reaction score
The reason I'm not lowering is because I drive the truck all year round and the snow gets high at times around here. Plus I use the truck to transport tools and materials for my jobs. I was thinking going with the TTC traction bars first and maybe polyurethane bushings, then after some more performance parts doing stiffer leafs and springs.

About polyurethane bushing. Do I change bushing in the front and rear suspension set ups? Are there kits for both? Most importantly, are they worth the cost?

Top Bottom