Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

innovate wideband and other gauge install questions

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright so saturday I want to tackle the install of my collection of gauges that I have been gathering over the winter which include:
Innovate wideband with LC1
Prosport EVO oil pressure gauge
Knocklite/shiftlight
air pressure gauge (for onboard air system)

here is the wiring diagram that I plan to use:
corysguagewiring.png

As I have been told from the other threads that I have started on this topic its best to keep the wideband on a seperate circuit due to the draw at start-up

So as per instructions all wideband ground points will be the same spot and all other gauges and senders will have another common ground but differend from the wideband.

knocklite will run white wire to the ecu plug B pin 21 for the knock sensor and the orange wire connects to plug D pin 1 for the tac/shiftlight from this thread:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=12271&highlight=knocklite

QUESTIONS:
- where can I tap into for the constant power? I really don't want to run a wire direct from the battery
- where/how did you guys mount the LC1?
- for the LC1 wiring did you go through the wire harness gromet or drill a new hole?
- where did you connect the yellow wire for the headlight power on the wideband gauge?(it says not to use the dimmer wire like I am going to do with the other gauge...)
- and finally where does the yellow wire connect to(analog out 1) from the LC1?

thanks in advance I hope to have successful install pics after this saturday!!

Murderface

Reaction score
Open that little panel by ur left knee and use an add a link to tap into one of those fuse spots for ur key on hot, u can use this to power any of the gauges ur installing. If u need hot all the time u can go to the fuse panel behind the battery and just about every fuse in there is a constant hot.

I ran my wideband harness thru a hole I drilled next to the shifter above the trans and used a rubber grommet which I split half way thru and then siliconed it to keep any moisture from comin in the cab. I also ran the wideband harness in that location because it's close to the exhaust once it comes out by the trans, less zip ties to use and just coiled up the extra harness cable

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Open that little panel by ur left knee and use an add a link to tap into one of those fuse spots for ur key on hot, u can use this to power any of the gauges ur installing. If u need hot all the time u can go to the fuse panel behind the battery and just about every fuse in there is a constant hot.

I ran my wideband harness thru a hole I drilled next to the shifter above the trans and used a rubber grommet which I split half way thru and then siliconed it to keep any moisture from comin in the cab. I also ran the wideband harness in that location because it's close to the exhaust once it comes out by the trans, less zip ties to use and just coiled up the extra harness cable

Yes I plan on using an add a circuit to the cabs fusebox for the key on power. As for the wideband I am going to use the extra drivers side bung on the longtubes.

The innovate gauge and the prosport both call for a 12v constant power source and a 12v key on:dontknow:

Murderface

Reaction score
What are u bumping Corey? I thought I answered all ur questions minus the "where did u mount ur LC1" question.

1) get ur constant hot from the fuse box behind the battery, 99% of the mini fuses are a constant hot.
2) get ur keyed on power from behind the drop down coin panel at ur left knee, just check the fuses with a DVOM or test light to see what ones are keyed on for power.
3) if u can't get the harness thru the big rubber grommet that the main harness passes thru then u can always remove the center console and drill a hole with a uni bit somewhere next to the shifter and put a rubber grommet in the hole to protect the harness. U can roll up any excess harness and leave it inside the cab somewhere under the forward center console. From there u will be very close to either bungs in ur header collectors.
4) the yellow wire for the LC1 is for data logging I'm sure, if so that's something that u would either connect to the 32 pin harness that came with the X-1(don't bother it doesn't work, u could always call APR and have them tell u how to make it work)......if u had an X-1. Im not sure what other device u could connect that data logging wire to because.....I just don't know lol.
5) get either a dual gauge a pillar pod or a Flexpod or even Steves little 3 gauge holder and mount the wideband gauge in one of those holes.

What else am I forgetting? I'm trying to help u out bro

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
54d8ef41.jpg

The power outlet us your 12vconstant and the washer is your accessory

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha I am bumping my post count I guess:biggrin:

I think you have it all covered just want to double check from those with the LC1 where they put it(not the bung the actual black rectangle for it) and the only other thing I am missing is a powered headlight wire.

Oh yeah and if I am not using the yellow wire from the lc1 I guess I should just ground it?

Haha I think your tuning into the xr guru John it's your new full time job:top:

Haha thanks dude I was just about to pm ya!!! The only thing about the power outlet is that the add a circuit suggests only using up to 10A... I am sure it will be fine ESP since the only thing I use my inverter for is to make piña colada's when camping haha

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
See I didn't worry about having mine hooked up so it lights up when the headlights are turned on. I figured I'd have mine light up with the power on or truck running, that's also because mine doesn't have a lite like yours does it just has the LED's that light up from left to right showing if it's rich or lean.

Haha I think your tuning into the xr guru John it's your new full time job:top:

Now if I could just figure out how to collect a paycheck from XRU it would make my wifes year!!

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe when my dash is apart I will poke around with a voltage tester

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Lol I just had two gauges connected to them and they worked fine. Im not sure how much power they use though.

I had my illumination wire connected to the "tail" fuse to change my prosports from white to orange.

earnesje

Reaction score
For that wideband you can use a fuse tap or an add a circuit. Use the fuse inside marked IGN, that way the gauge comes on when the ignition switch is turned on, this will be for the red wire coming out of the gauge. The other wires will be for a ground, a dimmer to dim the gauge those wires are white or black. The rest of the wires are for the sensor and data logger. Which innovate wideband do you have?

Top Bottom