Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just installed x-1 help please

gosaints420

Reaction score
Like the title says I just installed the X-1. She starts up and idles fine but when you give it some gas it doesn't rev up much at all and getting engine code p0121. Any ideas? found the code P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Im not familiar with that code but here is the readout on it....

P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Murderface

Reaction score
Make sure ur throttle position plug is fully seated. It's right where the intake meets the throttle body

I did the same thing when I installed my blower. Ran fine but when I hit the gas it did the same thing ur saying and I got the same code.

I bet it's the plug not fully seated

Venomous_X

Reaction score
well, how do you like it sir? why are you still online? you should be :driver:

ntinhri

Reaction score
push that x-1 all the way in or the first bump your gonna have more codes! dont be a pus, push it in!

gosaints420

Reaction score
well, how do you like it sir? why are you still online? you should be :driver:
O don't worry i just ran out without logging off. First impression it runs much better/smoother and throws you back in your seat a little harder.:top: The best thing about the x-1 is the other mods I'll be able to add now. The install went well especially considering i have no real experience and had to take off the s/c with no instructions i had a harder time with my ss track ready kit.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Welcome to the x1 club! You will fall in love with your truck all over again. Your truck is now injected with x1 steroids!

I put a piece of tape on the x1 harnesses for extra security to make sure those plugs won't pop out on me. Just a thought for you.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup. Thanks she is running gooooooood now.:rock:

Glad I could help:top:

same thing happened to me, had to take the blower off to install the X-1 and didn't push that plug in hard enough and got the same code.

Now get a smaller pulley and add some 668cc injectors:burnout::vroam:

gosaints420

Reaction score
Pulley is on the way! Then I'll go fuel pump, 7th, NST pulley. If by then they have e85 in my area I'll get the 668's. Rely i need to get rid of this dam flowmaster before anything.

ntinhri

Reaction score
you must get a wideband to ensure everythings ok.... try the launch control on the x-1 if you want to jiss your pants!

gosaints420

Reaction score
you must get a wideband to ensure everythings ok.... try the launch control on the x-1 if you want to jiss your pants!

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to put on a condom first.:top: Got a wide band but I think I need a better one.

Murderface

Reaction score
Well my truck is capable of more boost, just need to get rid of my factory installed wheel hop:thumpdown: hint hint wink wink

gosaints420

Reaction score
Got another question guys. When i open x-tune it says, Apr\ work folder does not exist! How do I fix this?

Murderface

Reaction score
I think they all do just ignore it:top:

mine did and it worked fine, data logs were done with no issues

lamecargo

Reaction score
did you install the F/I 425 tune file? if not then the program will not reconize your tune

gosaints420

Reaction score
I didn't have that downloaded. The tune shown on my box is slightly different than the one they have listed. It has an extra f3 in it is that ok?

Top Bottom