Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just Starting to Wrap

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Canadian Girl said:
Educate me...... I couldn't get my overhead console off..... how did you do it? I know there is a screw where the sunglasses go but then what?

PS.....Looks good

Take the screw out then pull down from the front (towards the windshield) there are two clips holding it in. And two plastic pieces that slide over the headliner on the dome light side.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Canadian Girl said:
lots of popping noises????? will I break anything
?

The clips are metal and are rubbing on metal. I thought the same thing the first time I removed mine.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Wow! You got some talent there! I'll let you know when I grab them off ebay!

blu xr

Reaction score
very nice....cant wait to see how it all turns out. great idea going 2 tone.

are you using a heat gun on it? ive heard some ppl do to get it to stretch and form to the contours.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice looking. Would you mind providing a link to the stuff you used. I did a few things last fall, but during the heat of the summer I have had some bubbles and stuff that I am not completely happy with anymore ( could have been installation error on my part?) I know the stuff I used seemed very thick and the adhesive was not as sticky as I would have expected

I think I want to try to redo my stuff this fall...

BTW I did cup holders, window switches, door handles, and the area around the shift boot

Now I want to do the overhead console too!

elynor_v

Reaction score
if you did a pizza pie slice design in the wrap on the dash it would tear open fine in case of deployment

I actually cut some slits right down the middle and across, like "t". You can't see the slits too much.

it looks really good ,thanks for making me want to spend my paycheck already !!! i just got it !!

LOL Make sure you get enough CF, I've been sittin' on my ass for the last week waiting for another roll to arrive. :rofl:

Educate me...... I couldn't get my overhead console off..... how did you do it? I know there is a screw where the sunglasses go but then what?

PS.....Looks good

Hey, girl. Thanks! :wavey:

If you didn't get your console off yet...

Unscrew the you found near the sunglass thingie,

Work your fingers under the front corners opposite the screw (hope that makes sense), there are two metal clips that'll pop off (don't lose them)

Give it a good tug, but don't let it fall. Unhook the wiring and it's off!! :top:

Hope this helps!

Very nice looking. Would you mind providing a link to the stuff you used. I did a few things last fall, but during the heat of the summer I have had some bubbles and stuff that I am not completely happy with anymore ( could have been installation error on my part?) I know the stuff I used seemed very thick and the adhesive was not as sticky as I would have expected

I think I want to try to redo my stuff this fall...

BTW I did cup holders, window switches, door handles, and the area around the shift boot

Now I want to do the overhead console too!

Here you go -
Using a heat gun helps stretch the vinyl and corners and stuff, an old plastic credit card helps push any air bubbles out, and a sharp exacto knife helps clean up lines.

These are a couple of videos that helped me out -

Splicing http://youtu.be/Z2mBclTY_Uo

Heat Wrapping http://youtu.be/8pH6j9lmwrE

Complex Curves http://youtu.be/4jhB0dlST_0

Looks bad ass!! Where did you get the wrap?

Thanx! I got the CFV from EBAY for $10/roll

Last edited:

09runner

Reaction score
interior is lookin good girl! i like the originality of it :rockon:

STONER-X

Reaction score
yo yo yo i step up to the mic then you try to fight but i dont worry cause i dont bite i snipe... woh playa woh palya..........

seeeeee i can wrap toooooo lol....... jk

looks great!!!!!! keep it up i like the dash

elynor_v

Reaction score
yo yo yo i step up to the mic then you try to fight but i dont worry cause i dont bite i snipe... woh playa woh palya..........

seeeeee i can wrap toooooo lol....... jk

looks great!!!!!! keep it up i like the dash
LOL
...Carbon Fiber wrappin'...See, this ish got me trapped in...
...Scraps here and there from the Exacto blade...Cuts makin' sure the CFV gets laid...
'Bout to log off, but before I'm through...Much love, bigs ups to the XRU.... (drops the mic)

:rofl: I'm silly. Back to work, final roll of CFV finally came in.

elynor_v

Reaction score
Started on the doors...these are harder than I expected. I spent about 1.5 hrs on the drivers side before I had to stop. Patience is the key to working and stretching the CFV, it's pretty strong and it seems to mold better when you use the heat while you lay it down.

I'll hopefully finish tomorrow. :drool2:

*Advice - work from the center out and use to heat gun/ hair dryer to help stretch and mold the vinyl.

Attachments

• Collages.jpg
    Collages.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 178

Yota Hauls Gixxer

Reaction score
Sick nasty. I wanna do the whole dash and everything black in the truck. Mad props go in business make some money haha

STONER-X

Reaction score
LOL
...Carbon Fiber wrappin'...See, this ish got me trapped in...
...Scraps here and there from the Exacto blade...Cuts makin' sure the CFV gets laid...
'Bout to log off, but before I'm through...Much love, bigs ups to the XRU.... (drops the mic)

:rofl: I'm silly. Back to work, final roll of CFV finally came in.

oh geez now i just feel foolish :wink:

keep the cf going!

elynor_v

Reaction score
Just an update...

Collages.jpg
DSC09601.JPG

I'll post better pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom