Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by KETCHUP, Dec 2, 2008.
I like the Scoop without the stripes...for what it's worth
Looks awesome ket even with all that frost on it hehe.....:rock:
i like it, i also like where the stripes stop early. the hood scoop stands out more because of the break in paint, yep the whole truck looks really good sir
looks realllllyyyyy good bro.
what about the front body kit piece? :hmmmm2:
Thanks guys for all the props and advice.
Here is how it stands (to answer a few questions)
1. Scoop- going to rock it for a week or so. I really think I like it as is. It accents the scoop IMO. I may change my mind later.
2. Front End- The black piece is coming off. The stripes stop at the top of the lower ground effect. Reason for this is that the stripes on the back stop at the tailgate. Im fine with it and respect the opinion of my painter.
3. My next plans for the body is a custom roll pan. When I do this, the stripes will go down the roll pan from the tailgate. Also, I will then have them paint the front all the way down to match.
Basically, just personal preference.
4. The bed cover is getting re-done with a new fiberglass material. This will make it smooth and allow the stripes to be put on it. It will look sick IMO. Should have it back before the 20th.
5. Next step too is 3M. I can't do if for a month or so....(I believe according to Black Cat)...
I had to take a trip a few minutes ago thru town. MAN.....KETCHUP is turning a lot of heads.
Congrats again bro! Glad your happy with your X. Just seeing yours makes me not want to wait to get mine back.
did we ever make u crack and tell us what you are having done??:hmmmm2:
Nope! Ive held my ground :biggrin:
Welcome to the Custom Painted X Club:rockon:
Congrats man, truck looks great!!!
And if you like it, thats all that matters:top:
its your truck....
BUT i have to admit...the stripes have to go all the way down...
BUT Your lucky... you got fresh paint:top:
I would leave the black piece there. Because it breaks up the area to the kit. If you remove the black piece there will be less than an inch from striped to not. And might give it the look of you got it painted then added a bodykit to it later and didnt have the money to complete the stripes. Just something to think about.
Truck looks SICK!!! Keep it up Ketchup! :top:
:eviltongue:...one day in the future for me too....:wink:
Yep, gotta wait for your paint to fully cure / activate. I'm assuming they didn't bake your truck (some paintshops do this, but from the quick walk-through of your shop, I didn't see an oven and their paintbooth didn't have heater elements). That takes about 30-45days. But since it's winter (cold ambients), it'll be a little longer, 45-60days.
If you put the 3M on it now, if it ever comes off, it'll tear your paint off with it.
Yea buddy! Looks a lot better than in the day time. As for the hood scoop, i think the pictures make it stand out for some reason. It's one of those things that you have to actually see in person to really get the full perspective. I think you just rock the hood scoop the way it is. :rock:
I hear you, as long as you'r happy! :top:
I think its ugly...and since thats the case I guess I'll take take one for the team and take that off your hands. I'd rather be riding around in the truck everyone is talking bad about then have you in it. So...just bring it here...hehehe
Nah seriously it looks good
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i personally like the hood scoop the way it is!! looks great brother!!!:top:
looks great came out fantastic congrats hope mine is as nice.