Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keyless Entry Not Working Right

XDsm

Reaction score
A couple months back I started to notice that during colder weather my driver side door wouldn't unlock when I pressed the unlock on the FOB. The truck wouldn't even flash the lights, however if I did the double tap the passenger side would unlock and the lights would blink twice. Recently, the problem became persistent where the drivers would never unlock and now it wouldn't lock either. Pressing the lock button on the door didn't unlock or lock the drivers side either.

I finally got around to taking the truck to the dealer since I have the Toyota extended platinum warranty. The driver's side lock actuator apparently malfunctioned. So I go next weekend after they get the parts for it to be fixed. Glad I had the warranty, its a $440 repair:ahhhhh: I thought I would post this in case anyone else was having similar trouble. I will post the results once the repair is completed.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Wow! :ahhhhh:
Good thing you have the warranty Nigel! :top:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I've replaced several for simular problems on Toyota, VWs, And Audis. Motor goes bad or looses a contact inside the housing.

XDsm

Reaction score
The actuator alone was prolly $300

You are correct. Hopefully this resolves the issue. Sucks having to keep using my key to open the door especially when carrying stuff:thumpdown:

XDsm

Reaction score
Well with the new actuator installed and a re-program everything is working great again. Zero money out of my pocket and I still have another two years of extended warranty left.

Scarface

Reaction score
That's awesome, glad to hear everything worked out for the best.

Top Bottom