Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LCD TV Suggestions?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on LCD tv for me. I'm looking for a 37" to 40" in the $600 range.

I've seen some Vizio's, Polaroid, RCA and etc... any suggestions in that price range. I know you pay for what you get but I'm on a budget and it's time to upgrade for the PS3.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Vizio would be your best bet for $600...especially their highest line they just released...120 frames per second...

my roommate was on a budget like you steven...he picked up the vizio and loves it...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Vizio would be your best bet for $600...especially their highest line they just released...120 frames per second...

my roommate was on a budget like you steven...he picked up the vizio and loves it...

Yeah, all the reviews i've read on them have been pretty good and most are saying it's the best bang for buck.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Yeah, all the reviews i've read on them have been pretty good and most are saying it's the best bang for buck.

gamers magazine, electronics mag, and pc...all agree that the vizio is the best bang for your buck...:top:

personally i would save for exactly what i want...but when your on a budget...you do what you gotta do right steven...:biggrin:

honestly you won't be disappointed with the vizio...

i have a friend who has the earlier version of the vizio but its only 720P...we were able to force the ps3 output to 1080P and it actually worked on his 720P vizio...

XDsm

Reaction score
Vizio or Olevia. Both are awesome and lower priced.

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
you want 1080p not 1080I P is better go on circuitcity.com

Stevenredx

Reaction score
gamers magazine, electronics mag, and pc...all agree that the vizio is the best bang for your buck...:top:

personally i would save for exactly what i want...but when your on a budget...you do what you gotta do right steven...:biggrin:

honestly you won't be disappointed with the vizio...

i have a friend who has the earlier version of the vizio but its only 720P...we were able to force the ps3 output to 1080P and it actually worked on his 720P vizio...

I've read that the difference between 1080 and 720 is almost not noticeable and also that most HD programing and game systems will only output a 720p signal. It may have been an old article but I really see no need for me to have 1080 for what I'm really wanting it for or even justify the extra cost. I think i would be very satisfied with 720. :dontknow:

Wayne R

Reaction score
Where 1080P really shines is HD DVD and Blue Ray Disc......

fuseaku

Reaction score
Well, last weekend I finally purchased (financed) a really nice tv... I got a 46" LCD Samsung 1080p, 120htz, 50,000 to 1 Contrast Ratio, with multiple HDMI inputs. The tv was around $1,600 and is worth every penny! If I was you, I personally would not go with a cheap tv... it might be fine for a little while, but tv's like Vizio just won't last and don't look nearly as good as the better brands. If you're going to be playing games, I would recommend getting a 120htz tv instead of 60htz because of the lag.

Recommended TV's:
1. Sony
2. Samsung
3. Sharp
4. LG

I personally wouldn't get anything worse than an LG... unless you plan on buying another one in the near future.

Just my 3 cents. Good luck man, I know it was a pain in my ass when I was looking to buy one!

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Where 1080P really shines is HD DVD and Blue Ray Disc......

well glad Sony won the HD battle...:rockon: Blu-Ray is the only way to go...+ since sony won the hd battle...there are no more HD DVD in production...:laugh: stupid microsoft...

Well, last weekend I finally purchased (financed) a really nice tv... I got a 46" LCD Samsung 1080p, 120htz, 50,000 to 1 Contrast Ratio, with multiple HDMI inputs. The tv was around $1,600 and is worth every penny! If I was you, I personally would not go with a cheap tv... it might be fine for a little while, but tv's like Vizio just won't last and don't look nearly as good as the better brands. If you're going to be playing games, I would recommend getting a 120htz tv instead of 60htz because of the lag.

Recommended TV's:
1. Sony
2. Samsung
3. Sharp
4. LG

I personally wouldn't get anything worse than an LG... unless you plan on buying another one in the near future.

Just my 3 cents. Good luck man, I know it was a pain in my ass when I was looking to buy one!

that's why i have a Sony XBR6 series 46" LCD...but am upgrading soon to the new Sony XBR8 Series 52"...:rockon:

XDsm

Reaction score
1080p = Blu Ray; Some XBOX360/PS3 games are natively this
1080i = Some TV broadcasts; older PS2 games can support this
720p = Majority of the HD native resolution. Rest of the TV broadcasts.

1080p is noticeable when watching native 1080p blu ray movies. Video games I don't notice the difference really.

Yallrun

Reaction score
Yeah, i've admired those. But thats a refurb :thumpdown:

Refurb with a warranty. :top: I got 2 LCD refurbs in the house, 32" and a 36" both over a 1 year old, no probs. Brand names I've never heard off. lmfao They are sweet tho.

8ate8

Reaction score
Personally, I would save up and get what you really want. You'll be much happier with a Samsung versus a Vizio.

And I never like Sony's tv's. No matter how long I spent calibrating the picture, I could never get it to look good. I work for a home theater company, so I've installed my share of TV's. Personally, if you don't want to spend a ton of money, go Samsung. If you really want a great TV, go Pioneer Elite. Stay away from the Olevia's, Vizio's, etc.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Personally, I would save up and get what you really want. You'll be much happier with a Samsung versus a Vizio.

And I never like Sony's tv's. No matter how long I spent calibrating the picture, I could never get it to look good. I work for a home theater company, so I've installed my share of TV's. Personally, if you don't want to spend a ton of money, go Samsung. If you really want a great TV, go Pioneer Elite. Stay away from the Olevia's, Vizio's, etc.

I'm an audio/visual tech and spend my fair share working with plasmas and lcds. Like i said earlier I got a Sony XBR6...It was extremely easy for me to calibrate...but that's just me

I guarantee if you say Sony's OLED in person...especially with the 1 million: 1 contrast ratio that would change your mind about Sonys...

8ate8

Reaction score
Well you're talking about a technology there with OLED, not just a brand. I'm sure any OLED tv will look better than any other brand's lcd or plasma. And I did see the Sony OLED in person at CEDIA.

As far as Sony's plasmas and lcd's, I've installed several, and after adjusting everything, it still had a very soft look to the picture.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Well you're talking about a technology there with OLED, not just a brand. I'm sure any OLED tv will look better than any other brand's lcd or plasma. And I did see the Sony OLED in person at CEDIA.

As far as Sony's plasmas and lcd's, I've installed several, and after adjusting everything, it still had a very soft look to the picture.

yes very true about OLED being more advanced and different technology compared to the LCD's and Plasma's...

but for me i'll take my sony lcd over a plasma any day...or even over a samsung...:biggrin:

sorry for the thread jack steven...:laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I've noticed when looking at plasma's in the stores that if you look at it at an angle you'll get a double image, almost 3D like. Is this the norm on plasmas?

fuseaku

Reaction score
I've noticed when looking at plasma's in the stores that if you look at it at an angle you'll get a double image, almost 3D like. Is this the norm on plasmas?

Don't get a plasma. If something happens, you have to replace the whole thing. With LCD's you can get them fixed for much less.

Top Bottom