Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Look what just came in the mail

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
is it easy to get everything lined up straight and pointed in the right direction or does it take a lot of tweaking?

The morimoto minis have tabs that fit into the same area where the tabs on an h4 bulb would go. So all you gotta do is just align the tabs and you're good to go.

If you buy another projector such as example the FXR, you have to cut the bowl to mount the actual projector

nkegol4girl

Reaction score
The morimoto minis have tabs that fit into the same area where the tabs on an h4 bulb would go. So all you gotta do is just align the tabs and you're good to go.

If you buy another projector such as example the FXR, you have to cut the bowl to mount the actual projector

good to know. thanks for all the info.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
^ Most welcome. FXR is a great projector, so if you're a real DIY kind of person then it should be easy. I'm not comfortable with cutting my bowl so I went with the 2nd best deal and got the most bang out of each buck for it.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
didn't buy mines yet but was gonna get the same as you with the phillips bulb. i was thinking i could convince the guy it came with the truck since highlanders and 4runners come with projectors.

You won't pass. Even if you say that other Toyotas have them, Tacomas don't and they know that. You're better off switching them out with OEM headlights. And if you're wondering how I know, well, lets just say that I'm not the only one when on Oahu that didn't pass.

Just some advice for those doing retrofits, always have a second set of headlights on hand. Just saying...

KETCHUP

Reaction score
nice. lets see ur fishished product when u have em.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
You gonna paint your reflector bowls and projector housings?? I took mine apart for the third time yesterday now my headlights are totally blacked out and it looks awesome.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Yeah, planning on blacking out the reflector bowl. Possibly the shroud too, we'll see. Most likely tomorrow or Monday I'll be doing the install.

Scarface

Reaction score
Sweet deal... idk about taking on a project like this.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
^ yes it is.

I'm currently in the process of installing em now.

bradnuts

Reaction score
how did your install go? were you able to find the ground points you asked me about?

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Hey, Yeah. I was able to find some ground points. Install went great, just gotta work on the cutoff line tomorrow.

This is the best pic I have so far from tonight. It's from my phone, so excuse the quality.

photo4-1.jpg

photo7.jpg

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
photo11-1.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

Some more pics.

These don't have a halo?

Just as bradnuts said, you can add halos if you want. I chose not to, just because I would like to wire them to DTRL but I don't have DTRL. So maybe later on if I choose to add DTRL I may also add some Halos

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
man that looks good i cant wat till my headlights look like that, i think it would look uber mean on a black truck

happyb

Reaction score
does painting the reflector bowl affect the light output?

Top Bottom