Looking for a dream in NC

Discussion in 'New to the Underground' started by navynuke, Oct 9, 2011.

1. navynuke

navynuke New Member

I just moved to NC after living in Arizona for a long time thanks to getting another good job. So its time to upgrade from my Matrix to an Xrunner, as I have lusted after them since before I got the Matrix.

Now if only I could find a clean one sometime soon, test drove an 05 yesterday, but it kept slipping out of 3rd gear when the clutch was released.

The search continues.

2. on to the neXt

on to the neXt New Member

Good luck it took me two years to find one

3. Poppel09

Poppel09 New Member

good luck bro

4. 98_mud_bug

98_mud_bug New Member

make the dealership fix the transmission, if its coming out of gear its most likely the solenoids in the transmission. mine was doin it in first gear.

5. navynuke

navynuke New Member

Its a used car dealer, guy had a take it or leave it attitude, so I left it. Better deals will come along. The search will continue, in the mean time my Matrix is if nothing else reliable.

6. ntinhri

ntinhri Active Member

how many miles?

7. TomsXR

TomsXR New Member

Well, my X that I traded in is still in Lakeland FL... http://www.jenkinsnissan.com/used/Toyota/2009-Toyota-Tacoma-803d1a9f0a0d064901a12fe68e0a26e7.htm if you want to drive that far. I picked her up from Virgina brand new with 8 miles and drove her to Florida. Left the TRD shortshifter in it. I'm sure most that have driven her can't figure out how to get her into reverse, including the sales person lol. It was well taken care of and switched to full synthetic on the first oil change. Factory warranty should be still good on her.

8. xrgilly

xrgilly Active Member

good luck with your search i spents nearly 4 years looking before i pulled the trigger. from the moment i saw my first swb i had to have one, i had a dodge dakota at the time and i was driving over and hour each way to work so i sold the dodge and got my self a 09 corola xrs all the time wanting an xr after about a year of my rolla i started looking into xrunners again after test driving a few (including a couple other canadian memebers trucks before they bought them) i wanted one even more but just couldnt pull the trigger with the price of fuel so i waited another year and mine came up on autotrader so the next day i went to look at it and she was mine from that day on.. sorry for the story i just think these trucks become something special 2 there owner. keep thinkin of selling her to get something bigger but i dont think ill ever be able to do it just wait till shes paid off and get another truck and have 2 haha

9. navynuke

navynuke New Member

I would like a blue one too, not a fan of red, and black shows too much, although on the east coast dust seems to be less of an issue.

Florida is a bit far, starting a new job in the morning, but can't complain about that, good money too.

I will go easy for a bit, wait and see what pops up. Also looking forward to getting my 4x4 out here from AZ, a bit more prerunner than will work, but should be a solid way to play in the mud/rocks once I get the time to drive it out.

I'll take this one step at a time, and the XR I looked at had 68,000 miles, so no dealer coverage. Not much compared to my Matrix @ 135k but still not super low, especially an 05 that may have motor mount issues too.

10. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Dang, if you would be looking for a red one i got one with 70k on it in mint condition garage kept and not to far from you. :smile:

11. adamewwy

adamewwy New Member

good luck with the search man, I hope you find what you're looking for. I have always wanted and X since I first saw one back like 5 years ago. Some little rich kid that was still in high school had one that Mommy and Daddy bought him. He totaled it within 3 months of having it. I hadn't seen one since until the 06 BSP showed up at a local dealership one day. It sat for 3 days before I finally went and test drove it. An hour later I was saying goodbye to my 05 Sport Trac on 22"s and was loving my new X. I got a pretty good deal on her. 06 BSP, 30K, SS drop, 20" wheels, tailgate spoiler, BHLM, and FLM....pretty good start on the mods if you ask me.

12. navynuke

navynuke New Member

Yeah that's a pretty good start, much better than many start with anyway.

13. navynuke

navynuke New Member

Finally got my 10 posts, here are a few pics,

My matrix that will end up going away for an X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and towing dirtbikes, one of the reasons I bought it when gas was 5 bucks a gallon it replaced my 3/4 ton chevy

[​IMG]

and my baby, 82 ford bronco

[​IMG]

even got a full spread in a bronco driver magazine with it, 4 full pages of photos/write-up that I wrote.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more money in the suspension than any insurance company would give me for the truck.

4" lift, extended radius arms, camburg coil buckets, sway away 2.5 inch remote reservoir shocks front, King 2.5 inch remote reservoir shocks/custom upper mount rear, KMC wheels, ARB locker front, Yukon grizzly in the 9" rearend, full cage of 1.75" 120 wall dom, Mastercraft seats, bumpers, winch, lots of HID lights.

Pulled many broken trophy trucks back to the pits with S.N.O.R.E. as well as jumping around the dunes.

Recent video at night, doing 50-60 in a local offroad area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtkbGtL9v4