Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS2 swap

kwigs160966

Reaction score
A little update. I have been working on the engine getting it all cleaned up and changing some gaskets. It looks so good I don't want to put it in the truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 266

kwigs160966

Reaction score
How it looked when I pulled it out. :-1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 329

Redlantern

Reaction score
Open a photobucket account so u can just cut and paste away your photos. Looks like you're well on your way! You plan on any rear end work?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Open a photobucket account so u can just cut and paste away your photos. Looks like you're well on your way! You plan on any rear end work?

I have a true trac installed and 3.73 gears. The gears were a little much with the stock trans. Highway speed 120-130kms hr was around 2700 rpm if I remember right, the exhaust was so loud at that rpm I couldn't stand it. I can't say that I noticed a huge improvement in 1/4 times with them but I was still figuring it out lol

iniazy

Reaction score
3.73 should give around 2100 at 120-130 Km/h with an auto transmission. 3.73 is the stock ratio for auto transmission in the FJ cruiser and Prado, Not sure about the Tacoma, so it is fairly tall.

Beautiful engine. Makes my mouth water.

fuseaku

Reaction score
I want to do an LS swap some day myself... can't wait to see more progress!

Blue10XR

Reaction score
LS blah! Chevy Blah!
Maybe a 2jz. I can't bring myself to put a chevy engine in my Toyota!
I am such a loyal mofo! Toyota all day!! I even thought of a 3SGTE but never a chevy...

The best way to repair anything but a Toyota is to remove the oil cap on the other make, remove the engine and replace it with a Toyota engine. Problem solved!!

iniazy

Reaction score
LS engines are incredibly compact for their displacement. I watched an LS3 swap into a 2005 Miata a few days ago on Youtube, and I was shocked to see how close in size the V8 is to the little Turbocharged Mazda 1.8L. Imagine that V8 shoehorned into the little Miata so easily! Now nobody can beat that, thanks to the old school pushrod technology that helps keep the engine size to a minimal.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Plus, nothing beats that old muscle car sound! That's what I want my truck to sound like when I crank her up!

LifeAlert

Reaction score
LS blah! Chevy Blah!
Maybe a 2jz. I can't bring myself to put a chevy engine in my Toyota!
I am such a loyal mofo! Toyota all day!! I even thought of a 3SGTE but never a chevy...

The best way to repair anything but a Toyota is to remove the oil cap on the other make, remove the engine and replace it with a Toyota engine. Problem solved!!

im sure that 2jz would be a pain to fit! just imagine how long that inline 6 block is compared to the 1GR.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Kwigs, when you get the time and funds, upgrade the valve train to better components. If you really feel like pushing the engine.

Top Bottom