Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maint reqd light?

FN5.7

Reaction score
hello. I recently had my mait light click on. i checked my oil and its fine. what else could it be? my tire preassure?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to reset it. Hold the ODO button down. Turn the key to the acc or on position (don't remember which). The odo reading should become all dashed lines. The lines will disappear one at a time. Once they clear it'll reset. The light will stay off for 4,500 miles. At 4,500 miles it will blink on startup. At 5,000 miles it will remain on constant.

hotrodt

Reaction score
No it comes on when time for oil change. Your suppose to reset every oil Change. Hold in trip button and turn key on. But don't start. You will see bars counting down. When gone release button. Your good for another 4500 I think that's the miles.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
No it comes on when time for oil change. Your suppose to reset every oil Change. Hold in trip button and turn key on. But don't start. You will see bars counting down. When gone release button. Your good for another 4500 I think that's the miles.

Too slow :eviltongue:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to set to ODO and to turn the key to the off position first!

"Make sure your tripometer is set to "ODO". Then turn the truck off, push the toggle button down (the one that changes display from ODO to trip A and Trip B). While you're holding it down, turn the key to the "on" position. Wait about 5 seconds while you see hash marks flash on the display. It will flash all 0's after a few seconds and the light will go off for another 5k miles " - spyder

FN5.7

Reaction score
thanks. i just got a 94 firebird off cl and the guy said it ran great. i drove it for about 6 miles before i bought it with no problems, after i gave him the cash i got about 12 miles towards home and the rod knock became very obvious. he said he wouldnt do anything about it cause i must have done something to it to blow the motor. so when i saw the mait reqd light i was just like "now what?" what a relief to know its nothing.

Snakerb

Reaction score
My light just came on this week. This thread saves me having to do a search, thanks guys :top:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Or......

Mao_RTFM_vectorize_by_cmenghi.png

FN5.7

Reaction score
yeah well i got mine used and it didnt have a manual so i figured i could google the answer or ask the forum. i could be wrong but i thought using the forum as a source of knowlege was one of the benefits of being a member.

sinister07

Reaction score
yeah well i got mine used and it didnt have a manual so i figured i could google the answer or ask the forum. i could be wrong but i thought using the forum as a source of knowlege was one of the benefits of being a member.

You are correct. Don't take it to heart, some people just assume people have a manual to read or should know the answer. I too bought mine used and the idiot who owned it before me took the manual. I say dont be afraid to ask man. But you can always do a search for previous threads. I'm sure I have seen this before, that's how I learned to reset mine once I had mine come on.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score

You could follow through with a pic as well...

i-ll-rtfm-if-you-just-tell-me-where-tfm-that-i-m-supposed-to-fr-is-f-located_design.png

:laugh:

Top Bottom