Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mod Day/Meet Food Recipes

lenie03

Reaction score
Dear mods,
we decided at texfest remix that we need this thread stickied becasue good food goes down at meets and sometimes we want the recipes for these dishes.

This thread is for those dishes people bring to meets that everyone likes and would like to make on thier own.

Here's the one to the cookies I took to tx fest

Chewy brownie cookies

1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 CRISCO Stick or 2/3 CRISCO all-vegetable shortening
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1. Heat over to 375*F. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.

2. Place brown sugar, shortening, water, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.

3. Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture, beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart into ungreased baking sheet.

5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375*F for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.

Make roughly 3 dozen cookies (depending on size you want to make)

Comes from "favorite brand name bake sale cookbook" page 184

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Lenie, your a dork....lol.....and we love you for it!! :biggrin:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
sounds yummy. I might have to make some later this week

lenie03

Reaction score
Lenie, your a dork....lol.....and we love you for it!! :biggrin:

Yeah I are but that's just part of what makes me me. I'm so glad I finally met u this weekend Keith.

Mrs. Stevenredx

"I Hit Things"
Reaction score
Thanks Lenie, I think thats a great idea, so Klint could I get Krysta's receipe for mac & cheese please. Or hell Krista why don't you just come live with me :biggrin: but I don't think Geoff would be to happy if you moved away from him.

:frown: just sayin I miss you guys!

PiNkY

Reaction score
I can say first hand these cookies are freakin redonkyealous!! haha that should be the new name " Redonkyealous Cookies" :top:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
They were good! Could ask gen-x too, think he ate half them! I had to try stay away from them, but everytime walked by I had to pick a couple up! I seen a pic of them somewhere don't remember where at though!

Top Bottom