Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mudflap advice

pledcan

Reaction score
mudflap.jpg

I found this generic mudflap, and it is stiff. I have trimmed it to work. I've used two existing bolts (for fender flare and body kit) to mount the flap.

in your opinion, will the two bolts be enough? how secure does a mud flap need to be?

Jeremias

Reaction score
Well it looks good to me. Keep that gravel off the paint.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
It looks good, but I wouldn't run it. Why?
I'm slightly lowered (1.75" all around) and sometimes when I go over speed bumps, it hits hard on the way down behind the front wheels.
With the flaps sitting lower then the body kit, I would be afraid that if it hits, it would take the fender flair with it! :ahhhhh:

Good luck and hope I'm wrong! :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ideally more would be better. I had an issue with my dodge where one of the mudflaps was loose and it made a hell of an annoying rattle at 60+ mph. Plus being plastic if it moves around too much it might start to mess up the holes. If you can get self tappers into the fender that would help, or if you have to go into the plastic body kit, drill a hole and run a small bolt with a nut on the backside of it. If you plan to keep them on permanently.

Limitless

Reaction score
A couple of us run the Rally Armor mudflaps and they work nice, I think I only have the two bolts holding one of mine on but they are made of a flexible rubbery material. With the solid ones you may want to drill another hole to fasten them down a little better.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I made a set for the front and back that I install only for the winter months.

Top Bottom