Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My baby's getting new shoes

Edgeman

Reaction score
State inspection is coming up, and was fairly confident there was enough tread to make it through another inspection, but I noticed the sidewalls had a lot of cracking on all four tires. Not sure if this would pass, so I decided to pull the trigger & order new tires.

Sticking with "all season" tires for two reasons, (a) never know when you'll need them, and (b) several summer performance tires said they may develop cracks in the sidewalls if exposed to below freezing temperatures. Whaaaaaaaat????? Sounds like my current Bridgestone all season tires have that problem, so it was time for a brand change.

Ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires, which are replacing a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS tires. Other than cracking sidewalls, they've been solid. They didn't stick to the road like the original Bridgestone RE050s, but they lasted much longer.

One nagging problem I've had with Bridgestones is a tendency to develop slow leaks towards the end of their tire life. Not horrible, but I needed to pump them up about once a week. I first experienced this with one of the original tires on my X-Runner. When I was down to pumping it up every 4 days, it was time to replace them. I bought a 2008 Acura TSX three years ago, and two of it's Bridgestone tires have the same issue. I took them to a local tire store, and they couldn't find the leaks. I had the valve seals replaced, but that didn't stop it. Needless to say, when I replace these tires it probably won't be with another set of Bridgestones.

Top Bottom