Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My demon eye headlights,and angry eyelids

NODRULN

Reaction score
so i could not wait till spring to install my new lights so my buddy had some time at his shop to help install them. and these things are sick in person well worth the $$$ what do you guys think?
IMAG1286_zpsfc589302.jpg

IMAG1287_zpsf6c13c0b.jpg

IMAG1288_zps8d9861da.jpg

with the lids on and just the led strip on
IMAG1289_zps8e36d3ac.jpg

IMAG1290_zps05bcb6ca.jpg

now with both on
IMAG1291_zps5253d39d.jpg

IMAG1292_zps99119944.jpg

just the demon eyes
IMAG1293_zps4d34579b.jpg

spooky night pic

alexxwing

Reaction score
I want can you pm me the link to the lights

It looks so bad azz bro good job!!!!!!

Last edited:

sacX

Reaction score
Looks great! What size strip led light is that? I was just lookin 4 one the other day...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Nice... Just make sure you use Visine when cops are around! :top:

Copy-of-visine.png

X_Less

Reaction score

NODRULN

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TACOM...fits=Model:Tacoma&hash=item51a58379e6&vxp=mtr

Their ebay housings where a ebay store takes them apart and does a projector retrofit to them.

www.modifystreet.com

NodRuln, How's the quality of the projectors light outputs?... For the projectors (and demon eyes) it's like $100 which is $200+ cheaper than theretrofitsource.

yep those are it.. the quality is actually not too bad. the roads are very wet and its foggy out now so i didnt get a great visual yet the only thing i had to do was aim them better one was far up and one pointed straight down but i have hids in my fogs and thats very bright. i am pleased with the leds. as for the led stip im not sure for size they were made buy the seller

X_Less

Reaction score
When the weather clears up do you mind posting light output pictures? I'm quite interested in doing a projector retrofit at $200 less than TRFS and I like the demon eye add on the offer.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
You should add a bead of silicone to the outside of the headlights just to be safe

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
That looks really badass bro! I love it
I got those same eyelids can't wait to install them once dpartinvr4 ships them ova

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Those look pretty siick! Pretty much like a dark demons eyes in the night!

Last edited:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Looks good!!! I dont care for the audi style LED strip, and the demon eyes look cool, but in my opinion, it has too much glare for me, Id try capture the light to stay inside the projector like some of the Better demon eyes do

NODRULN

Reaction score
When the weather clears up do you mind posting light output pictures? I'm quite interested in doing a projector retrofit at $200 less than TRFS and I like the demon eye add on the offer.
yeah i can do that for sure

You should add a bead of silicone to the outside of the headlights just to be safe
yeah the place that put them together siliconed everything around the lights and every place they had wires running out of. perty legit

NODRULN

Reaction score
Looks good!!! I dont care for the audi style LED strip, and the demon eyes look cool, but in my opinion, it has too much glare for me, Id try capture the light to stay inside the projector like some of the Better demon eyes do
yeah i wasnt too sure on the led strip when i got them but i decided to just wire it up any way and i think my camera made them look worse then what they look like in person.

Very nice! Had a flashback
johnny5_zps01f6aace.jpg
haha thats great lol they're twins

Last edited:

roy365

Reaction score
Yeah you'd get pulled over for those red lights in AL. Cant ride around with red, or blue lights on.

What???? Thats worth the money for them to do the retro fit. Hell worse comes to worse just install better quality bulbs/ballasts. The hard part is done already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TACOM...fits=Model:Tacoma&hash=item51a58379e6&vxp=mtr

Their ebay housings where a ebay store takes them apart and does a projector retrofit to them.

www.modifystreet.com

NodRuln, How's the quality of the projectors light outputs?... For the projectors (and demon eyes) it's like $100 which is $200+ cheaper than theretrofitsource.

What are you reading??? Because the price is $479.00(Ebay) i see. Which is quite a bit higher than my retro from TRS.

Also that link either has used some pics off the same threads i read, or its the actual guy doing it himself now. :hmmmm2: I distictly remember all those pictures.

Last edited:

X_Less

Reaction score
What are you reading??? Because the price is $479.00(Ebay) i see. Which is quite a bit higher than my retro from TRS.

Also that link either has used some pics off the same threads i read, or its the actual guy doing it himself now. :hmmmm2: I distictly remember all those pictures.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying... The place/store that did the retrofit to the OP's headlights also sell everything individually to do it yourself.

$85 for projectors and shroud
http://www.modifystreet.com/2-x-ret...-lens-2-x-gatling-gun-silver-mini-shroud.html

$22 for the Demon eyes
http://www.modifystreet.com/2-x-red-devil-eyes-led-bulbs-for-retrofit-h1-projector-lens.html

=$107... Then whatever HID kit you'd prefer... Which they sell their own for $50-$58
http://www.modifystreet.com/Lighting-HID-Conversion-Kit-H1/

$150~

Where a kit on TRFS runs $300-$400.

What I was pondering was the comparison of the $85 projectors that are in the OP's headlights in comparison to TRFS projectors, Not the headlights in their entirety.

oh and indeed, they do have stolen pictures on their ebay page and website... There's a thread on TW about it, and so far had several people find their own pictures being used and have made the seller take them down since they are not of actual item.

roy365

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't catch you were speaking about piecing it together since you had linked the Ebay auction for the fully retro'd ones.

I hope this kit holds up good for the OP, because it's nice to have options when it comes to these high dollar retrofit kits. My luck wouldnt allow me to run a less expensive D2 kit though. I've went through several "el cheapo" HID kits only to find you get what you pay for (in my case).

NODRULN

Reaction score
yeah i hope they last as well the only thing so far is last night the hids were fine but later in the night i go to turn the headlights on and nothing happened seen the 20a fuse was blown so i put a 30a fuse and it blew right away again so i need to find out what happened..

Top Bottom