Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My first wax!

Workman3886

Reaction score
So yesterday I made a trip to Autozone and got some things to do a wax job, took about 2 hours for everything from wash to wax but I'm pretty happy with the results, I bought all my own stuff to wash my truck myself too!

2011-10-23_08-41-58_925.jpg

Early morning pic!

Think

Reaction score
Damn, two hours is pretty fast, when I wash/wax a car it takes me 5 hours or so and I might be done.

Woolaroo

Reaction score
looks good, just did mime the other day, getting ready for winter

Workman3886

Reaction score
Looks good! What kind of soap and wax did you use?

I just used a basic Turtlewax wash, and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, I'm not going to lie guys it was a rush job.

The liquid wax was really easy to apply and I did the entire truck fairly quick, even wiping it off was pretty quick, I did do it by hand but I one day I may invest in a buffer for a true shine!

gunner76137

Reaction score
Yeah all you need to get is 1 of the little Turtle Wax buffers they sell @ WallyWorld for about $29 or so. It works really well and easy to use with 1 hand. And I also use Maguires but the Pro Tech 2.0. Its about 18.00 a bottle but it'll last me a whole summer of doing doing car shows .
100_2884.jpg

Last edited:

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Looks great freshly waxed! I hate how long it takes and I have a long gravel driveway so it doesn't stay clean for long :thumbdown:

X'ED

Reaction score
looks good! heres what ya need to get for waxing.. ive been doing reconditioning work for over 8 years and know it can be a pain to hand wax a car..lol and the "orbitals" you see in walmart or wherever aint worth a crap.. but this is what i use and you can wax our trucks in about 5-10mins..

this is a dewalt orbital, model dw443, variable speed, with a velcro backing pad and a ultra soft waxing/finishing pad

just some info if someone wanted to know :top:

Attachments

• dewalt1.jpg
    dewalt1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 173
  • dewalt2.jpg
    dewalt2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 161

tondeezy99

Reaction score
Looks great freshly waxed! I hate how long it takes and I have a long gravel driveway so it doesn't stay clean for long :thumbdown:

invest in a California duster :top: takes off all the dust in a quick swipe, and it will last for ages. That mixed with some quick detailer and you will be clean for a long time.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
looks good! heres what ya need to get for waxing.. ive been doing reconditioning work for over 8 years and know it can be a pain to hand wax a car..lol and the "orbitals" you see in walmart or wherever aint worth a crap.. but this is what i use and you can wax our trucks in about 5-10mins..

this is a dewalt orbital, model dw443, variable speed, with a velcro backing pad and a ultra soft waxing/finishing pad

just some info if someone wanted to know :top:

Where do you buy your pads from?

Also I would emphasize for average Joe's to get an orbital instead of a rotary. Leave the rotary ones for the pros.

Top Bottom