Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My isobaric sub box

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Interesting

Thanks bro I guess nobody else is interested but I think with this set up I would say it's one of the loudest set ups you could do and still keep the rear seats. I just gotta carpet it and secure it

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Everyone on here is old now lol. No one wants bass. I use to have subs in everything. But I'm over them now

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Everyone on here is old now lol. No one wants bass. I use to have subs in everything. But I'm over them now

But we all can still appreciate what a cool idea it is no matter how old we are lol. As for myself I drive through long hours of traffic everyday so I like the bass to keep me amused lol

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Not bad for for a jigsaw and circular saw. I like the idea, especially to replace the factory sub in the 09+ models with bigger bass. My only concern would be the obvious subwoofer visible right through the windshield.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Not bad for for a jigsaw and circular saw. I like the idea, especially to replace the factory sub in the 09+ models with bigger bass. My only concern would be the obvious subwoofer visible right through the windshield.

I like it cause it makes it look cool but if you're worried about thieves, just have to know where to park, its no different with just having a sub box laying there lol. Or damaging the speaker itself, i rarely have passengers sitting in the rear I only keep a beach chair, beach towel, football and an umbrella in the back, I'm not sure what can damage it if you're not careful maybe spilling a drink? Idk lol it hasn't been a problem for me so far

Kevin S.

Reaction score
Looks like a nice setup ! Good job on the box. I don't enough about air distribution on subs but it looks like it will push a lot of air and probably sound really good !

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Looks like a nice setup ! Good job on the box. I don't enough about air distribution on subs but it looks like it will push a lot of air and probably sound really good !

Thanks! Yeah it was my first time building a isobaric box, let alone a custom ported box. I would always mess around with sealed boxes and it's sizes. So I really did my homework on this one. To my calculations I tuned the box to about 30hz. Not knowing how it'll sound I was honestly impressed! And I'm a bass head lol. I'm pretty sure there could be louder/better set ups out there. My friend had 2-8's in a ported box taking about the whole rear center section all the way to the floor which is a clean set up and it bumps but I like the open bottom of my set up because i store things there I carry a long umbrella, beach chair and other things.

Top Bottom