My Push Button Start + Alarm System

Discussion in 'Interior Modifications' started by jboy671, May 27, 2012.

1. jboy671

jboy671 Member

I wired my stereo system to use a constant power source with a kill switch so that I can turn it on and off without the key needing to be in the ignition at all. This is how I prefer to install my systems.

I'm not good at write-ups which is why I don't usually do them. Sorry but I suck at explaining installation type things. I can explain how things work but not how to install them. Weird I know.

The fob is rf for the remote buttons but it uses lfid (low frequency id) to identify that the fob is programmed to the system and allows the vehicle to start. In essence there are two antennas rf and lfid. Each with its own purpose.

RF for remote buttons LFID for fob identification.

I still retained my keystart (with working transponder) in the event I need to use it. I just relocated certain things to allow me to retain it. The factory key and fob are also able to disarm the entire push start/alarm system in the event I need it to.

The push start/alarm system is the main and the factory system is the back up. If the push start/alarm system are tripped it activates itself (siren) and the horn as well as the factory alarm lights.

I also integrated a hidden (except to me) touch key (like the ones you see under door handles on some cars) that requires a passcode in order to disarm the system and allow me to start it with the button if I lose my fob.

I only posted the end result but this system took me a whole 2 weeks from start to finish to get it programmed and working properly.

2. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Either way it's a nice system, good work I can't wait to install mine from kody!

3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Great job. Very impressive. Wish I had the patience to do that kind of install. Looks to be pretty seamless.

4. S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN New Member

Sick job! Oh and Aloha my bradda!

5. bombs

bombs "Affliction Guy"

I love this!

6. adamewwy

adamewwy New Member

That is so sick bro for real...I'm loving the remote windows for sure. You have a super clean install also. Great job...I would say it was very time consuming and tedious to get that all installed. Awesome mod!!

7. jboy671

jboy671 Member

Thanks for the aloha man. Not a local but islander just the same.

Thanks. I do as well :top:

Thanks. It was very time consuming but not tedious to me. There were 4 nights spread apart where I didn't realize the sun was coming up. Try explaining to your wife you were up all night messing with wires :hmmmm2::stupid:

After about 250 miles on my truck post install I only appreciate the system even more every time I get in and out of my truck and don't have to fiddle with keys. Definitely money well spent.

8. ColeXR07

ColeXR07 New Member

What push start system is this?

9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Read a little further back :top: Also keep in mind this thread is 5 years old and the OP hasn't posted in about a year.

Post#1
    Post #19

Post #21