Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My truck has BOOST!

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Coupe, Grumpy and I installed my TRD supercharger this weekend. It was a long day but my truck finally has boost. It was an awesome feeling hearing the truck fire up for the first time with the blower on. We didn't run into any major issues aside from tightening that big bolt for the TRD crank pulley. Grumpy's impact wrench saved the day. Still have a few little things to take care of like wiring up the APR 7th and addressing the final location for my oil catch can. The fuel upgrade went in during a past weekend. Additional gauges are coming soon.

I want to thank Coupe and Grumpy for sacrificing their 4th of July to help me out. These guys are the best! Also, would like to thank Gadget for his help, and the URD, NST, and APR vendors for making great products for our trucks. Thanks so much. :adore: :top:

IMG_2477_a.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

Install pics:

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

XrunnIT

Reaction score
mmmmm booost.....

Nicely done man!! You gonna love that thing so much more now. It will be a whole new animal after the blower.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Looking good Cuz!:biggrin: Boost is always a good thing...:vroam:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Hellz yeah! Happy for u man! Attaboy to Coupe and Grumpy...good guys:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
I see you had a very productive holiday!

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Britt and I couldn't have helped out. You were in great hands though. Time to hit the dyno now and see what that beast can do :top:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Sorry Britt and I couldn't have helped out. You were in great hands though. Time to hit the dyno now and see what that beast can do :top:

That's alright Mark. No worries. Would have loved to have met Ms. Britt. Some day soon. Yes, I was in good hands.

Dyno will be up soon. Took the truck for another run this morning and she ran fine. Did you dyno yours?

Sucks that my laptop got a virus today so I can't reflash the X1 to the newest map for the APR 7th. Working on fixing the laptop today. :thumpdown:

Thanks fellas.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang summer viruses.....lol. Didn't get to dyno mine since i haven't received the third member yet, to install. Just Britt's, for a baseline.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
That's cool. Yeah, that virus was a rude awaking this morning. I renewed my ESET NOD32 license and took care of that virus. Going to wire up that APR 7th in a bit after lunch.

Murderface

Reaction score
Congrats on e new boost brother! Are u running stock pulley/boost?

Also too bad u won't see how much that 7th helps cool the charge since u installed it with the blower. I got to run my blower with the stock reflash from Toyota, then added the X-1, then added a 2.85" pulley, then added 670cc E85 inj, then added the 7th inj. Getting to feel how much each individual mod helped was pretty cool. Biggest difference was adding the X-1 and then recently adding the 7th inj. Before adding the 7th inj u could feel how bad heat soak could get, when adding the 7th inj it makes it feel like the temp is always below 50* F. Can't wait to go for a 2.7!

Enjoy urself and ur so lucky to have helping hands close by. There's no one in my area with an XRunner or a Taco with the mods I have:thumpdown:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Congrats on e new boost brother! Are u running stock pulley/boost?

Also too bad u won't see how much that 7th helps cool the charge since u installed it with the blower. I got to run my blower with the stock reflash from Toyota, then added the X-1, then added a 2.85" pulley, then added 670cc E85 inj, then added the 7th inj. Getting to feel how much each individual mod helped was pretty cool. Biggest difference was adding the X-1 and then recently adding the 7th inj. Before adding the 7th inj u could feel how bad heat soak could get, when adding the 7th inj it makes it feel like the temp is always below 50* F. Can't wait to go for a 2.7!

Enjoy urself and ur so lucky to have helping hands close by. There's no one in my area with an XRunner or a Taco with the mods I have:thumpdown:

Thanks man. I am running the stock upper pulley but have the NST overdrive pulleys on the bottom. Not sure if I'll change out the upper pulley. Maybe down the road when I get used to the power level. Yes, I'm very lucky to have support from some good guys here in Houston. I can't leave Torspd out the conversation either. His help over the years has been great.

I haven't fully gone WOT on the truck so I really haven't felt the full power. I'll run a few hundred miles and then the fun will begin.

5000XD

Reaction score
Damn, looks so nice man! Congrats!!

It's funny all of you guys that got the s/c way after me are already boosted lol.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
^ Thanks!

Question to the experts (Gadget): how do I know that the 7th injector is working properly. I wired everything up per the instructions and loaded the F4 tune. Took the truck out for a drive and data logged. I have 2 files that could use an expert to review. Thanks.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I suggest sendint it to xrunnit, gadget, or david at apr........ you should see the 7th injector on fuel tab.

sntckr

Reaction score
Awesome. I know you took your time to make sure you had this all right going in and it looks like it paid off in dividends. Your truck looks great and I am sure you are going to love it once you step into it.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Ok, thanks ntinhri. Sntckr, thank you sir. It really is like driving a new truck.

Top Bottom