Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N/A X-runner X-1 and Gears Dyno

eXuser01

Reaction score

he is over on Custom Tacos

I figure not everyone wanders over there so i'd bring it here

he has 3.73 gears x-1 controller thermostat and cam gear dt headers pipe bomb and jardine cat-back and he has an trd intake

he dyno at 240 hp and 284 tourqe

its impressive though

if u know the owner of the truck keep the comments to yourself please

thanks
bob

source: http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=121054

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Thats alot of money to make 14 hp more thne an x with bolt ons...

Shanes56

Reaction score
Pushing 246HP rear wheel with the dropped gearing, this truck will pull like a FI truck but I agree with X-trav expected more especially with the bolt ons that he has.

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
Thats alot of money to make 14 hp more thne an x with bolt ons...

What are the bolt ons that produce 226 rwhp? And where are the dyno results done on a dynojet dyno? Mustang dynos tend to read high.

Super Werty

Reaction score
where is this magical 14 hp number coming from?

hp numbers are boring, lets see him drive it on the track...just once

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
What are the bolt ons that produce 226 rwhp? And where are the dyno results done on a dynojet dyno? Mustang dynos tend to read high.

I said with bolts on ive seen an x with intake and exhaust push close to 226 on a dyno....with gears, headers and apr i sure as hell best see more then that....

It was a dyno jet and mustang dynos read lower.....just FYI

ABP

Reaction score
where is this magical 14 hp number coming from?

hp numbers are boring, lets see him drive it on the track...just once

I agree. I will bet when you install gears on the X-runner you will find the 1-2 shift even harder to make. The reason you can't reliably speed shift 1-2 second is the very poor gear spacing in the 6spd trans. When you ad a more aggressive rear gear you are going to amplify the problem. I would bet after the 1-2 shift that truck pulls hard.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I said with bolts on ive seen an x with intake and exhaust push close to 226 on a dyno....with gears, headers and apr i sure as hell best see more then that....

the truck you saw was probably running really well, seems some trucks have been that way...its like they've been tuned even though they have not

but your still right, it doesnt seem like its worth that much cash for that little hp, but thats what we all want, and we all pay eventually:laugh:

. I would bet after the 1-2 shift that truck pulls hard.

maybe, but not as much as a tuned and boosted truck

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score

You are right on Mustang Vs Dynojet I had it backwards. We would really need his before numbers on the same dyno to say what he really made after the X-1. My truck picked up 34rwhp with the X-1. Of course I am supercharged so we can't compare my gains to someone that is N/A.
But remember gears will not show any gains on a dyno. It would be nice to see a X-1 before and after dyno on a N/A truck with stock gearing.

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I mena ina ll reality for that amount of money that truck makes 28 more hp then I did bone stock with 60k on the truck.....

Well not worth the money in my opinion.....just saying for close that that amount the truck could be blown making over 300whp

Shanes56

Reaction score
We still cant take much away from the truck it is still putting out higher number than any NA yet as far as I am aware of!!!

ABP

Reaction score
I mena ina ll reality for that amount of money that truck makes 28 more hp then I did bone stock with 60k on the truck.....

Well not worth the money in my opinion.....just saying for close that that amount the truck could be blown making over 300whp

I understand where you are coming from. I am just saying you cannot compare a number your stock truck made on one dyno to a number his non-stock truck made on a completely different dyno. The only way anyone will get a "real" number on what the X-1 will make on a N/A truck is by before and after dynos on the same truck with the same dyno in the same conditions.

Shanes56

Reaction score
to add to that in the same day!

I understand where you are coming from. I am just saying you cannot compare a number your stock truck made on one dyno to a number his non-stock truck made on a completely different dyno. The only way anyone will get a "real" number on what the X-1 will make on a N/A truck is by before and after dynos on the same truck with the same dyno in the same conditions.

ABP

Reaction score
to add to that in the same day!

That would definatly be a plus. That is why I said the same conditions. You wouldn't want the before dyno first thing in the morning. Then install the X-1 package and re-dyno in the afternoon. It would in most cases be hotter out. I would think a good way to do it is to pick a day where the temp and humidity is staying constant for a few days. Do a morning before dyno and install the X-1 kit. Put some miles on it since you will be reseting all the sensors by disconnecting the battery/computer. Re-dyno it the following morning in the same conditions.

he is over on Custom Tacos

I figure not everyone wanders over there so i'd bring it here

he has 3.73 gears x-1 controller thermostat and cam gear dt headers pipe bomb and jardine cat-back and he has an trd intake

he dyno at 240 hp and 284 tourqe or 264(i cant see it clearly) he hasnt commented about it yet but when he dose i will update

its impressive though

if u know the owner of the truck keep the comments to yourself please

thanks
bob

source: http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=121054

The torque reads 284.

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
not impressive numbers...he has gears... so that means he will run faster but not produce more hp if im correct:top:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
This 4th gear pull by him looks pretty fast, but I havent been in an X-R for about 6 months now I believe.

Top Bottom