Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need a little troubleshooting help...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
URD has changed the type of clamps we use in the pump/filter kits. The ones we use now cannot be over tightened and harm the hose.
How long ago did you make the switch?

macg33k

Reaction score
Hmm, that kinda makes sense, Mike. When I put the new plastic hose on there, I actually used the original clamps that came in the URD kit, not the new clamps that came with the plastic hose. Thinking back, that was probably the wrong call.

Attached is a photo of one of the new clamps that.came with the plastic hose. Think it'll seal up better with that?

G - Good to know the clamps are improved on the new kits. Yay progress! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3756.JPG
    IMG_3756.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 171

macg33k

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just to follow up: we pulled the bed off again today (getting quite good at that now!) and replaced the URD-provided hose clamps with the ones that came with the new fuel hose.

Bolted everything back together and took it for a drive... and everything is PERFECT!! Feels nice to have full power back.

So, my takeaways from this adventure: if you have the URD fuel pump kit and have power/hesitation issues, it is very likely a sliced fuel hose in your tank. You can either replace with another Gates rubber hose, or go the plastic hose route, like I did. Here's the link to the fuel hose I purchased from Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ABT-CFD402

It's an 8" hose, which I was worried wasn't long enough, but it is definitely long enough. And, at only $6, I think it is a solid option for anyone. Big thing to remember, if you go with that plastic fuel hose, use the clamps that come with it.

Hope this helps someone else one day.

Attachments

• IMG_8789.JPG
    IMG_8789.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 173

autobodyX

Reaction score
Hmm, that kinda makes sense, Mike. When I put the new plastic hose on there, I actually used the original clamps that came in the URD kit, not the new clamps that came with the plastic hose. Thinking back, that was probably the wrong call.

Attached is a photo of one of the new clamps that.came with the plastic hose. Think it'll seal up better with that?
;)
Looks like a quality fix. If I have trouble with mine again, I think I will go plastic too.

autobodyX

Reaction score

;)
Looks like a quality fix. If I have trouble with mine again, I think I will go plastic too.

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
Just wondering but did you replace all of the o-rings and gaskets when you removed the fuel pump assembly? Could you have pinched the o-rings on the squeeze connections?

Top Bottom