Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help upgrading my old comp

rx-runner

Reaction score
u have an old hp pavillion 9870, i mean its old, i was wondering what i can do to it to make it better?

what do i need?
motherboard
ram
hard drive

if you guys can help me out with links, i want to keep this as cheap as possible

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
question is what do you want to do on your computer: games, editing, etc...?

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Probably cheaper to buy a new computer than to upgrade your old one.

rx-runner

Reaction score
well i just wanted to make it a litte bit faster, its a bit slow, and its for my mom, she just goes on the internet and plays the slot machines, so nothing hardcore

ntinhri

Reaction score
get with xrunnit.. hes a pc geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

chadfo

Reaction score
You can get an E-Machines computer without monitor from Wal-Mart for just under $300. It's not a great machine but it'll do what she needs and will be a LOT better than trying upgrade the old HP. Computer technology changes so fast after a few years it's really not worth trying to upgrade an old computer unless you are only going to use old programs on it. Even surfing the net requires upgrades.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
What's the processor like? If it's capable of handling what you want it to you can upgrade fairly cheaply. You can get 1-2 GB of RAM for well under 100 bucks, and after that all you'd really need is a bigger HD. You -could- opt for a nicer video card (also under 100 bucks) and that thing will run just fine for what she needs it for. Upgrading computers isn't all that bad.. the parts are out there. I suggest tigerdirect or newegg. Both have great prices. Good luck, let us know if you need more help.

Ryan

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
for cheap. just upgrade ur memory ram, thatll make it faster. go online sometimes they have deals for like 2 packs for like 40 bones.

Top Bottom