Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New features... new bugs.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As many of you know we made a big migration from vBulletin to XenForo. So far, I'd like to say that the transition has been reasonably painless but there are definitely some bugs that need to be fixed and some new features that still need to be enabled or worked out.

This thread will be used as a repository for ongoing issues and requests.

Free welcome to post on this thread if you see something that isn't work or if you know of a XF feature or extension you'd like to see.

Bugs / Issues
  • Links to threads using the vBulletin-style URL are broken throughout the site
  • Links to old attached images are broken
  • Links to old gallery photos are broken
Requests
  • Fix mobile uploads so that larger cell phone pictures can be uploaded without errors

Attachments

• more_bugs_more_features2.jpg
    more_bugs_more_features2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 41,007
Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the "Post New Thread" button back up on the top left of the Forum Section Pages. Having to scroll all the way to the bottom is less than ideal.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I'd like to see the "Post New Thread" button back up on the top left of the Forum Section Pages. Having to scroll all the way to the bottom is less than ideal.
It's at the top on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_5028.PNG
    IMG_5028.PNG
    319.2 KB · Views: 400

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
It's way over to the right on PC, I could get used to it but I've had a couple people ask me where it went already.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
It's way over to the right on PC, I could get used to it but I've had a couple people ask me where it went already.
Ahhhhh! I haven't been on my computer yet so I wouldn't know lol

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
No real problem, but just a redundancy.

The top left corner of the page under the XRU logo has a "home" icon and right next to it is a "home" tab.
The top left corner of the page under the XRU logo has a "home" icon and right next to it is a "home" tab.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: K2

zel

07 SWB Melbourne, FL
Reaction score
Quick fix to remove the gray hover effect on the main navigation. Just add this to your css (in the EXTRA.css file if you have one in the template)

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed:hover { background: none transparent; }

Reactions: K2

zel

07 SWB Melbourne, FL
Reaction score
Also, try adding this to your .htaccess file to redirect the old vBulletin links (Not 100% sure if this will work because I'd need to see current rules you have in the file):

Code:
RewriteRule ^threads/([^-]*)$ showthread.php?t=$1 [L]

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
RewriteRule ^threads/([^-]*)$ showthread.php?t=$1 [L]

Wouldn't that redirect the XF threads to the old showthread.php file from VB? I want it to go the other way around. Not really a big deal; just need to write the SQL to search the reference table generated during instead and 301 redirect accordingly. Problem is that I already work 10-11 hours each day so finding time for XRU work is hard to come by.

I appreciate the recommendations though. You clearly have some background in web. Tell me some about your areas of expertise @zel .

Gadget

Reaction score
How do you edit a post after posted?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you not have the "edit" option?

IMG_2262.PNG

Gadget

Reaction score
I do not see that menu. How do I get it to display?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not see that menu. How do I get it to display?

That may be a feature that wasn't set correctly when we went to Xenforo. I'll look into it for you. It's likely just a quick permissions toggle somewhere. Thanks for pointing it out.

@K2

zel

07 SWB Melbourne, FL
Reaction score
Wouldn't that redirect the XF threads to the old showthread.php file from VB? I want it to go the other way around. Not really a big deal; just need to write the SQL to search the reference table generated during instead and 301 redirect accordingly. Problem is that I already work 10-11 hours each day so finding time for XRU work is hard to come by.

I appreciate the recommendations though. You clearly have some background in web. Tell me some about your areas of expertise @zel .

Thanks @K2! I've got roughly 8 years of experience and work full-time as a Front End Web Developer/Designer (but I'm not a programmer... yet :)) . My suggestion was to re-direct all of the links that are throughout the forum that link to the posts in the old format because they are all going to a 404 page. If you're looking to go through the entire database and re-format all of the links, I wouldn't be able to help with that.

My rewrite is definitely not perfect, but it works. I think you've got another rewrite set that helps it along.
Essentially it takes the URL like this:
Code:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54450&page=2
and turns it into this:
Code:
http://www.xr-underground.com/threads/54450
... but it would probably need some more adjustments to take the extra info like "&page=2" into effect.

(If you could PM me the contents of your .htaccess I think I would be able to write it better)

If you're not comfortable sharing that info, I found a tool that may help you make a better rewrite for those links here.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Just hit "Upload a File"

Attachments

• IMG_3883.PNG
    IMG_3883.PNG
    227.1 KB · Views: 332

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, must be an android thing. My iPhone uploaded the photo in my post.

Top Bottom