Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New member, 05 X-Runner blue.

motorider

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up my xr about a month ago now, I'm the 3rd owner and it has 71k miles. There will be some mods in it's future, just trying to figure out what I want to do first.

Last edited:

kcidmil

Reaction score
Welcome, my recommendation is a short throw, and some redline or amsoil gear oil for the trans. If you're lucky a previous owner already changed the oil.

shane881510

Reaction score
No. Not rele the fuild . the transmission is big hunk of junk. Redline oil will improve the shifting of the transmission.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the Underground! :top:

motorider

Reaction score
My transmission has a squeak to it when you have your foot off the clutch. I read that it's the throw out bearing. How serious is this? Is it a big deal or is it just annoying?

shane881510

Reaction score
Rele annoying. Urd makes a throw out bearing kit. That uselly takes care of it. If u can't handle the sound.

kcidmil

Reaction score
No. Not rele the fuild . the transmission is big hunk of junk. Redline oil will improve the shifting of the transmission.

I.e. makes it bearable to drive. Mine used to be so bad it felt like I was driving a 12 speed.

Top Bottom