Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Member in So Cal Looking to Buy First XRunner

manzano1

Reaction score
Hey Everyone been browsing these forums for awhile now and could use some help.

Been in love with the X for years now and have never had the honor of owning one. I'm finally able to afford one and have been doing some research on the truck and problems they seem to have. The biggest issue that's really gnawing at me are the transmission issues.

Since I'd have to buy used, it concerns me even more.

Here are a few listings I've found and was wondering if some of ya'll wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts/opinions on these? Granted, I won't really know until I'm able to test drive them but for what it's worth....I'm really hoping my dream truck isn't just a dream because of these damn transmission issues and someone can help put my mind at ease.

Here's a few I'm looking at in my local area - any thoughts on the mileage/price would be great.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5290058150.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ctd/5251280166.html - 105,762 miles

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5286433269.html

Thanks guys!

madtrucker

Reaction score
My only problem with the tranny is that I can't speed shift it. I really want to grab the next gear as fast as I can, but I can't . I have to wait about half a second before I can grab the next one. It just won't go in until the rpms drop a little. Other than that It's a nice truck. It will burn out and drift around corners with ease. Everybody seems to have different issues. The TOB squeal or 5th gear grind I haven't had. I think forcing it into gear to many times, trying to speed shift, is where people get into trouble. I like my truck it's sporty and fun to drive. Go drive one. Welcome to the Undergrond!

madtrucker

Reaction score
I like the '07, but the '09 is a better deal with less mileage. The '07 & '08 are going to have the lsd differential in it, which is a lot of fun. It looks soo clean too. I would show the them the add for the '09 say look if you guys can't come down I'm going to get that 1 instead. I wouldn't pay more than middle blue book for it. Your going to have to look at them up close and see if 1 of them really grabs you, or if the sales staff just makes you an offer you can't refuse. Good luck.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground. If it were me I would find out the mileage on that 08 and go from there. They are all nice trucks but for me the lsd in the rear is a must have.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
If you are willing to travel and would like an extremely clean Radiant Red with low miles and already tastefully modded then feel free to p.m. me on here.

Top Bottom