Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Seats

Jonathan Paz

Reaction score
so my driver seat on the 2005 X-Runner has a big tear in it and I want to replace it. I was thinking of just getting one from the junkyard but I can’t seem to find one from their. So I thought about just getting aftermarket seats. Anybody know if it’s a lot of trouble to get seats and adding the airbag sensor to it, or where I can get an original seat from? Thanks!

Cal Frez

Reaction score
JP-
I have the same issue....gonna get the drivers side re-upholstered one of these days.
Anyone know if I can swap the drivers seat for the passenger seat?

PLCX

Reaction score
When i went to add aftermarket seats back in the 2006-2007 times it was a big deal to add the sensor. Not sure if that is different today

Lynxshd

Reaction score
you would have to change the rails over, as they have a different foot print side to side

Last edited:

madtrucker

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat too. My driver seat is getting worn. I wish I could buy a new one. I have never been happy with an upholstery job in the past.

mejbro

Reaction score
Marine upholstery places usually do a better job than auto upholstery places in my limited experience. I had all the seats done in my 2003 Jetta with that red and black plaid fabric, added some cushion, and it very quickly became the best equipment on a s&%t vehicle.

Top Bottom