new to mods

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by relaps_421, Apr 25, 2014.

1. relaps_421

relaps_421 New Member

Its 6 months since I got my 2007 xr ,and I wanted to start putting performance mods, all I have is a djm drop kit and flowmasters, I was looking at the supercharge kit but its 5,600$
    Any tips or suggestions on where should I start without hurting my pocket so much, or should I just save up for the entire kit.
    Thx for the help.

2. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

Headers and a y pipe for sure. Especially if you plan on boosting it down the road

And I would of said intake as well but if your gonna supercharge (by the sounds of it you wanna go urd) you won't need an intake once the blower goes on

#2 Slywhitty, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. relaps_421

relaps_421 New Member

Headers sounds good I gotta find out wats the y pipe, but yea I would wanna boost it
    thx

4. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Everyone should put short shift kit on their X! :top:

5. Slywhitty

6. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

if your on budget long tube headers, performance y-pipe, intake, and short shifter. stock throws are massive! if you plan on going with a urd supercharger don't get an intake but the other exhaust mods will help even more with some boost

7. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

AGREED!!^^^ I put full exhaust system with headers and intake, and the change i noticed was pretty impressive. Definitely gives you the itch for more.

8. relaps_421

relaps_421 New Member

Thx for the help so im gonna start with the headers and y pipe for now, the hopefully I would get the supercharge kit,
    What about aftermarket Polleys do they make a performance difference too?

9. Slywhitty

Don't forget to get an o2 simulator so when you put the headers on you don't throw a check engine light