Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

official teaser thread

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is why I was saying larger injectors. At least 750's. Then just the file. At static fuel pressure, the 255 can handle 750ish whp. So then the next issue is obviously the 668's. Those are running short at static fuel pressure. So the two easiest options are add a vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator, to increase the pressure on the 668's and get more fuel. The X-1 can handle that.

The next is buy larger injectors and adjust the tune for the injector size. Since injectors are easily available compared to the mystical 7th, that is a easy choice.

I would opt for thrying the vacuum hose to the FPR first.

butters607

Reaction score
That is why I was saying larger injectors. At least 750's. Then just the file. At static fuel pressure, the 255 can handle 750ish whp. So then the next issue is obviously the 668's. Those are running short at static fuel pressure. So the two easiest options are add a vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator, to increase the pressure on the 668's and get more fuel. The X-1 can handle that.

The next is buy larger injectors and adjust the tune for the injector size. Since injectors are easily available compared to the mystical 7th, that is a easy choice.

gadget is this possible cause I'm lost I have no clue how to do what your talking about maybe its to early in the morning for me to understand ill read it again later!:laugh:

Gadget

Reaction score
I have some 850 injectors I am going to try some day or maybe just buy a Mustang and grow a mullet.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is true. If you run a vacuum hose to your fuel pressure regulator from a charge pipe, it will increase the fuel pressure. Since the X-1 is adaptive, it will be able to adjust to the increase in fuel supply for proper AFR's.

Let me ask this. What other choices do you have without the 7th. Both of my options are far cheaper than that, and just as effective.

butters607

Reaction score

ok think I got it add a plastic t fitting to the line that runs to the fpr run that line to where?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, it is a common practice among other performance vehicles to do what I said.

butters607

Reaction score
Look over this link. http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Your effective injector size, at 8 psi of boost, with a boost line going to the FPR, would be a 726ccm (ish) plenty more fuel.

Just "T" off of where your boost gauge vacuum hose is. That will be a good spot.

ok sounds good but I gotta get these bugs worked out first then that's what ill do also gadget is this a safe alternative for this?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, another point to add, is the another X-1 owner is running 850 or 880 ccm injectors. I know that APR has the calibration file for that size injector, since it is on their turbo project truck. You could always call them.

butters607

Reaction score
Also, another point to add, is the another X-1 owner is running 850 or 880 ccm injectors. I know that APR has the calibration file for that size injector, since it is on their turbo project truck. You could always call them.

right but i have to get the fuel trims figured out for this setup before i can do anything big like that ya know?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is all good. Talking over the phone would just be so much easier, is all, and less frustrating.

butters607

Reaction score
update****** the pipe with a maf sensor that we know is working is here from gadget so in about 30 minutes i am going to stick it on the system and see if it helps these fuel trims i will update more later!

Murderface

Reaction score
Hopefully you'll find the issue and it has to due with what G sent u. Everyone here knows that u guys in that area have had ur share of issues and no one wants to see that

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be a "cold-side charge pipe". Pre-intercooler is the "hot-side".

Top Bottom