Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Outburst's Build Thread

Outburst

Reaction score
Editing first post for my latest build. I'm just keeping this to laugh at myself really.
So to commemorate my 100 posts here at XRU, I finally decided to stop being lazy, clean up the baby and take pictures of her and all her mods that YOU FOOLS have made me done.

Her first day here. She was so beautiful then. Feels kind of crossed eyed to me with those headlights though. And considering they're halogen projectors... they were really bad. :top:
155809_1525390423701_1502867983_31289975_2182594_n.jpg

Had to get rid of those headlamps! They were bothering me. Got myself some ebay BLHMs! :rockon:
edge7.jpg

Next I got some pretty nice halogens. Some PIAA 4ks and Nokya 2.5ks
IMG_2067.jpg

Wanted some extra kick, so I went to the G man and got myself an URD TCAI
edge1.jpg

Can't forget the sticker that adds 15HP just by putting it on.
edge4.jpg

Finally after a month I got myself the XRU sticker. But G-mans sticker was already up so I put it somewhere else, much more awesome. Sorry G-man. [Yikes.. just found a really bad scratch on this picture... more touch up paint..]
edge2.jpg

Wanted to match my blacked out windows, so I traded some guy on TW for my stock tailights for his 09 LED smokes. :biggrin:
edge3.jpg

TW was full of info, including how I can actually paint my ugly engine cover! Love how it turned out... mostly... except for the part I chipped this morning. :thumpdown:
edge6.jpg

Finally, to compliment everything I've done [including mods I didnt take pictures of] I went to DDM Tuning here in San Diego and got myself some HIDs! I'm in love..
edge9.jpg

So I wanna introduce, EDGE, to you XRU folk. :rockon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKs7DPWu2Y&feature=player_embedded#!

Happy 100 posts me. :smile: I'm no longer a newbie!

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Nice pics. Keep up the modding.
And FYI you're still just a noob. :biggrin:

Outburst

Reaction score
thanks. more mods are coming though, unfortunately for my wallet. :thumpdown:

Outburst

Reaction score
Coupe! I actually have a question for you. I'll PM you.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Coupe! I actually have a question for you. I'll PM you.

Will you marry me? :laugh: J/K....

Truck looks good! He blames us for his modding problem...time to see a doctor buddy! LOL! j/k! :argh:

azburnin

Reaction score
Good job man, good effort... now with some new wheels!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally another "build" thread. Makes 3 that I am aware of. Keep up the modding bro. Truck is already looking great, and will only get better. Time to add that NST intake manifold spacer. One of the best bang for the buck, hp mods, on an n/a motor.

Outburst

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, some nice rims would be nice and I plan on doing the NST in a bit when taxes come!

For now, the last mods on my list for this run is going to be some weathertech digitals and URD SS.

Outburst

Reaction score
So now I'm kinda pissed. when I got my URD SS in the mail after waiting a lifetime to get because fedex's delays as of late, I opened up center console only to see an ALREADY INSTALLED URD SS.

...well at least i could sell it since its practically brand new. I also got the coupe shifter mod so it should shift nicely now.

makes me wonder how a normal X actually shifts stock!

Coupe

Reaction score
So now I'm kinda pissed. when I got my URD SS in the mail after waiting a lifetime to get because fedex's delays as of late, I opened up center console only to see an ALREADY INSTALLED URD SS.

...well at least i could sell it since its practically brand new. I also got the coupe shifter mod so it should shift nicely now.

makes me wonder how a normal X actually shifts stock!

The URD is an easy sale.

The URD is a big improvement over stock.

Murderface

Reaction score
The stock shifter is like rowing a boat:thumpdown:
U will be very happy with the Coupe modded URD shifter arm, it's so much better then just a plain short shifter.

I'm also sure u could sell the URD SS very quick

Outburst

Reaction score
well. once i bolt down the shifter plate, i'm all set. i just ran out of time and couldn't do it before it got dark. i also don't have my torque wrench with me, so no bolting down today! locktite is probably still setting anyways.

some lucky guy is gonna get good URD SS very soon! the spacer plate is still brand new, but ill be giving them the old clamshells and shifter extension because i got too excited and started gluing things before getting the old shifter plate. comes with all parts. ill throw in the instructions which wasted my ink so dearly.

will be up for sale in the next week or so. along with many other parts that i have extra. :top:

Outburst

Reaction score
torque the wheel nuts.:top: took the opportunity to do a tranny fluid change and rotate the tires.

Outburst

Reaction score
i didn't anticipate this.. my X is probably gonna go on nonoperation then... i'm so extremely and fasdjf depressed...

180980_1601981698435_1502867983_31440081_1240359_n.jpg

i'm not happy. i dont earn a lot. i barely make enough to do car payments and school loans interest. the rest goes on to savings for insurance. most of my "piggy bank" went into the mods...

i might need to part out just to drive my X...

Top Bottom