Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Painting my bike...

fuseaku

Reaction score
Well guys and gals, I decided to paint my bike from the not so manly purpleish looking dark blue the bike was to metallic black and metallic red. Right now it's just in the primer stage, but already I think it looks better! What do you all think?

As you can see, the only thing I have left to sand and prime is the gas tank.

Photo0202.jpg

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Derek that looks BA...:top:

I did this to my 01' Yamah R6...I painted it to Cadillac Pearl White...I loved the color and look of it...:rockon:

I like black out bikes but pearl white was just different and custom...what are you planning on painting your bike after you are done priming it?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Not bad... so what are you using for paints ?

And for the tank, you taking it down to bare metal ? If so, using a good stripper will save you the work of sanding. And make sure the etch prime it :top:

fuseaku

Reaction score
Derek that looks BA...:top:

I did this to my 01' Yamah R6...I painted it to Cadillac Pearl White...I loved the color and look of it...:rockon:

I like black out bikes but pearl white was just different and custom...what are you planning on painting your bike after you are done priming it?

White pearl would look badass too I agree, but I'm going to paint it metallic black and metallic red.

Not bad... so what are you using for paints ?

And for the tank, you taking it down to bare metal ? If so, using a good stripper will save you the work of sanding. And make sure the etch prime it :top:

Thanks! You'll probably want to punch me in the face after I tell you what I used, but what the hell. I primed this bad boy with the cheap Wal-Mart paint. But, when I actually PAINT it, I will be using PPG from the shop I shoot a tv show at.

I'll see if they can help me do that to the gas tank!

BlackCat

Reaction score
Thanks! You'll probably want to punch me in the face after I tell you what I used, but what the hell. I primed this bad boy with the cheap Wal-Mart paint. But, when I actually PAINT it, I will be using PPG from the shop I shoot a tv show at.

I'll see if they can help me do that to the gas tank!

Walmart primer ... Duplicolor ? Yeah, that's what I'm using on my bike. I've heard different schools of thought on primer, but it seems newer paints don't care as much about what you use for primers. Dunno...

PPG ? Cool ! :top: I'm shooting mine with Nason, not as nice as PPG. But, then, it's also a 17yr old bike, so anything new is better than what it has now :biggrin:

As for paint strippers, down the automotive aisle at Walmart, they have "Aicraft Remover", it comes in a blue spray can. Worked marvels for pulling the OEM paint off my bike tank.

TV show ? What show is this ?

fuseaku

Reaction score
Walmart primer ... Duplicolor ? Yeah, that's what I'm using on my bike. I've heard different schools of thought on primer, but it seems newer paints don't care as much about what you use for primers. Dunno...

PPG ? Cool ! :top: I'm shooting mine with Nason, not as nice as PPG. But, then, it's also a 17yr old bike, so anything new is better than what it has now :biggrin:

As for paint strippers, down the automotive aisle at Walmart, they have "Aicraft Remover", it comes in a blue spray can. Worked marvels for pulling the OEM paint off my bike tank.

TV show ? What show is this ?

The primer I used is called Color Place and it's the cheapest spray paint at Wally World. Hopefully what I used for primer won't come back to haunt me, but I guess I'll find out. I've been shooting a tv show that's called Muscle Car Workout for about 6 months now. It should be airing around June I think on PBS.

where th:hmmmm2:e finished pics

It's not finished yet, but I'll post 'em up as soon as it's done! :rock:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
White pearl would look badass too I agree, but I'm going to paint it metallic black and metallic red.

that's going to look sick bro...:top: can't wait to see the finished results...

Top Bottom