Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Part out Party

Coupe

Reaction score
I have one. I also like BlackX Runner's idea.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Hey brotha I'm glad you got it all worked out with the caliper. GL with the trip and selling all the goodies.

Keep me posted how everything goes :top:

Slay0r

Reaction score
Ok, which ever is fine by me. Saves me a trip to AZ

Got the truck packed up with just about every part and spare part i own pluss tools and other stuffs.

Shaggy- will do

Slay0r

Reaction score
will do. it will be babied all the way up and back.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey man, if you are still in town, Britt is interested in your shift boot. I would pm you my # but you PM box is full. So shoot me a PM.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Torspd said:
Hey man, if you are still in town, Britt is interested in your shift boot. I would pm you my # but you PM box is full. So shoot me a PM.

I just text mike and he said that he is back on the road already but he can ship the boot and console lid to britt if she wants and it wouldn't be a problem.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Well im home, made it back about 5. Everything went smoothly.

Cant thank everyone enough that came out and helped. Coupe thanks again for the hospitality and the much use of everything. Sorry i had soo much stuff that needed to be done.

Mark- thx again for your awesome wire awesomeness, dont care what Britt says lol

Britt- I can mail you the shifter boot and console lid, i just need the stockers back, and ill send you the matching door pulls as well.

Triumph- sorry we didnt end up meeting up, but we didnt get done working on the truck till about midnight

Celiblue- i brought the sways with me to give to you, but since they are too big for me to ship, i had to let them go to the man with cash in his hands

Danny- i know we didnt have time for you to get those leds out, but ill pull them and send them to you. I found my stocks so u can just hold on to yours.

Coupe

Reaction score
Glad you made it home o.k.

I took a couple of quick pics of the action.

Slayor011.jpg

Slayor012.jpg

Slayor010.jpg

Slayor006.jpg

Slayor015.jpg

Slayor013.jpg

Slayor017.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It was a pleasure to get that rats nest back together.....the right way. FAIL on previous owner.

Coupe, I hope I helped you out enough. I know you had your hands full. Also, I left my blue and grey tackle box at your place. Dang it......

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
How does the truck run now with all the goodies gone mike??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why was it a rats nest? What was wrong?

I probably fixed the blinker problem that he had. The one where if he turned on a blinker when the truck was running, it would blow a fuse or the maf sensor.

There were so many extremely poor splices into the OEM harness, that it is actually suprising that there weren't more electrical issues. Terminal strips that were poorly taped that had live wires simply cut and resting where they could touch the body. Solder splices that were taped, only by folding the tape over to itself. Cuts in the shielding of wires, not even used, near bare metal. Pinched shielding in poor butt splices.

Seriously suprising that the truck ran after the first owner installed the URD FIC with the MK1.

I actually don't know if I fixed the issue fot the maf problem. I can gurauntee that I prevented future electrical problems though. :top:

To bad it is too late though. :frown:

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Pinched shielding in poor butt splices.
/QUOTE]

That's enough to account for a lot of different things not wanting to work properly o_O
Lmao

And btw Mike, my ninja bug was WAY more exciting!!! Just sayin, he probably fixed the blinker problem... Lol

Slay0r

Reaction score
Brian- functionality wise, it runs perfect. revs up a lil slower now with less push behind it lol

Amazingly when we started it up no CELs

Mark- ill let u know if the libnker issue is fixed when im either at work or at an autozone. but i have confidence in your confidence that those multiple exposed wires were the culprit

britt-ninja bug-exciting, random bug in my glove that bit the hell outa me-Not exciting

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrathful ninja bug. Ahhhh

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
From my shoulder to Britt's, then to the truck bed...crawls under the frame and re-appears on the open door sill.....to under the truck, out through the top of the engine bay, and back up the open door......He had skilz. lol

Top Bottom