Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PC external sound card setup NON TRUCK RELATED

SSSXR

Reaction score
hey I figured i'd post here since i know there's a couple DJ's on this site and if i posted on an audio forum i'd probably just get flamed for posting a newb question.

I recently picked up a M-Audio fast track PRO to plug into my laptop in my room. So far, I've just been using my headphones with it but would like to connect some speakers. The only speakers I have are off an older Panasonic stereo i had. they have a 6.5" speaker with a little tweeter on top and just a red/black speaker wire coming out the back. normally i'd just strip the wire and it would get screwed down on the terminals on the back of the Panasonic CD Changer/AMP.

the Fast track Pro has 2 sets of stereo outs and a S/PDIF out though. here's a link to show the speaker connections on the back of the unit>

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/media_hqpics/FastTrackPro_back.jpg

so my question is can i just solder some RCA connectors on the speaker wire and plug them in the stereo out?? I assume these are L/R stereo outputs and not line-level (i bought unit second hand so no manuals).

A friend just said i should buy some powered studio monitors and be done with it. I don't want to spend any more money though and this is just for my room. I don't need amazing quality and a ton of sound. just enough for when i don't want to wear headphones.

-I feel like i made a simple question into the longest post ever. thanks for any responses.

Last edited:

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Good luck...sorry dont know anything about this stuff..... one way to find out is to try it. What the worst that will happen? It wont work..... :) Good luck

SSSXR

Reaction score
mmm i dunno. I don't like messing around with audio stuff speakers or boards can get blown if not wired right. most of my equipment is second hand paid with cash, no warrenty.

Top Bottom