Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Photoshop Fun Take a Look!

azburnin

Reaction score
Firstly hello guys, gals, I haven't been on here for a bit. Schools got me all sorts of occupied.

Well I was given a Assignment in PhotoShop, which was to create a piece of art out of a collection of photos.

Developing a concept was a little difficult for this project, I normally sketch out my ideas, but in this sense I perused my photo album as well as the Creative Commons via Flickr.

The Idea is, if Japan would of won the war in part against us, and if then they were to come to America and the Young men in the HotRod phases would of carried on with our car Culture.

Keep your mind open on this one. Bare in mind Im very new to PS. :top:

what'ya think?

Attachments

• NewWorldOrder.jpg
    NewWorldOrder.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
No PS expert but i get the concept and it looks pretty cool.

azburnin

Reaction score
Me either lol at least not yet, I'm glad you can see that of which I was trying to portray. Idk if you can see but I put a X cab on the HotRod

Gadget

Reaction score
Looks great. Theme sucks.

I am amazed at how you can do things like that. I am at my limit resizing and cropping pictures.

G

azburnin

Reaction score
The theme is provocative yes, but also interesting. I really thought to myself what the car culture would of become ha know?

Two months ago I was at my limit with just about enhancing the photos and sorta resizing them through iPhoto. My learning curve is still on the up turn

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Nice... but should have used a hot rod with a Lexus engine:

Toyota_OctoberBeast-198.jpg

azburnin

Reaction score
Lol that is a bad ass hot rod right there. My biggest barrier is getting photos that are free to use. Is that an ISF motor?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
"The engine is a fully-built motor based off a GS400, which originally made 300hp. It now makes about 420, and is mated to a Tremec 6-speed transmission."

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2010/our-kind-of-hybrid-lexus-powered-hot-rod/

Some info for one with an Infinity lump as well:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/corporate-rods.htm

Why not take it to the ultimate alternate reality and let Toyota win an "American" racing series like NASCAR... :ahhhhh:

:hmmmm2:

:rolleyez:

:laugh:

BTW: Your assignment's premise kind of reminds me of John Birmingham's "Axis Of Time" book trilogy.

azburnin

Reaction score
That's a bad build.

The Japanese will stick to F1 lol and drifting. Is it a good book never heard of it?

Top Bottom