Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pioneer AVIC-Z3 v. Kenwood DNX7100

thebigfish22

Reaction score
Pioneer AVIC-Z2 v. Kenwood DNX7100

Can anyone with the knowledge on this debate please drop some info? I have been back and forth on both of these units. Different people keep swaying me in different directions. Here's the basics of what I got so far:

pioneeravicZ2.jpg

Pioneer AVIC-Z3
Pros:
Sweet navigational interface, with different 3Dmap views
Customizable backgrounds
Easy to use menu interface

Cons:
Difficult to bypass motion sensors
Poor iPod and bluetooth functions
$1400 to $2000

32358834-2-300-FT-2.gif

Kenwood DNX 7100
Pros:
Fastest iPod interface of any nav system on the market
Can play iPod videos
Bluetooth function near flawless
$900 to $1200

Cons:
Basic navigational setup
Poorly designed menu interface

Can anyone else with chime in with their own opinions or any changes/additions to this list?

Last edited:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
My navi has a 3D display and it can be harder to use and see where to go compared to a 2D top-down view... So you might want to consider how helpful that feature is going to be to you.

thebigfish22

Reaction score
Which system do you use? The pioneer has like 4-5 different views you can choose from. There's the basic map overhead view, the 3D view, a turn by turn view, and more I can't remember. I am really impressed by the navigation interface on this unit, however the other features important to me (iPod and Bluetooth integration are subpar). It's so impressive I may even be willing to overlook these issues.

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
why dont you want the eclipse? Between those two i like the pioneer.

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
I was thinking about the Kenwood one for a long time. I might end up getting the kenwood one for myself for xmas.

lucke

Reaction score
i should also point out (and it was a deal breaker for me) the avic-z3 will not copy burned cd's to the internal hard drive. the cd's must be the original. also, i'm not sure if it has cd/mp3 playback. so thats a HUGE nagative unlike the kenwood where you can hook up a music keg to it and have infinite mp3's...

on the other hand, i'm 100% satisfied with my Eclipse AVN6610, which is plug and play with toyotas... unlike all the others.

ease of install was the final deciding factor for me.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i have the d3 and i have had on problems with the ipod, it works flawlessly, i love mine and the menus are super easy

Bobby B

Reaction score
I have the have the Z-3 and I do not like the nav at all it does not function properly from time to time. as far as MP3's my ipod is capable of storing plenty of music for me. the Bypass is easy and free at AVIC411.com I did it and am pleased. the ipod interface is plenty fast if you by the separate control module. picture quality is top shelf. but I think hands down the Alpine unit is the shizz bang

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I have the have the Z-3 and I do not like the nav at all it does not function properly from time to time. as far as MP3's my ipod is capable of storing plenty of music for me. the Bypass is easy and free at AVIC411.com I did it and am pleased. the ipod interface is plenty fast if you by the separate control module. picture quality is top shelf. but I think hands down the Alpine unit is the shizz bang

How di you get your background to work, i searched the foruma nd couldnt find instructions on how to do it for the d3

07bspXR

Reaction score
you have to make a folder called PICTURES with the image files inside that folder then burn it to cd. Under the navi menu you can load the pics from the cd and it saves them.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
you have to make a folder called PICTURES with the image files inside that folder then burn it to cd. Under the navi menu you can load the pics from the cd and it saves them.

Should i save it as a jpeg and what size should it be

Top Bottom