Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Plans for the next month

gnat1000

Reaction score
Plans for the next month(Updated)

Finally got to the point where I can do some real upgrades. So far I only have the C2C drop but here is what I have lined up to do in the next month:

Exterior:
Black Headlight Mod
Blue Toyota logo up front
Stock rims powder coated gunmetal with caps painted to match
Bakflip Tonneau Cover
Blacked out tail lights
Lettering in the back swapped from blue to black

Interior:
URD Short throw shifter

Audio:
Alpine ida-x001 Headunit
JL XR components up front
JL XR 6.5 in back
Alpine 360/4 for mids and highs
JL 500/1 for lows
Custom box with undetermined sub

So what ya think? Any suggestions?

UPDATE
Well this week I got my Audio installed. Here is what I got.

Viper Alarm
Alpine ida-x001 Headunit
Ipod Nano 4GB Blue
JL ZR components up front
JL XR 6.5 in back
Alpine 360/4 for mids and highs
JL 500/1 for lows
Custom box with Kicker sub

100_1136.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_1140.jpg

And today I went from this:

100_1128.jpg

To this:

100_1132.jpg

Last edited:

willieshotg3

Reaction score
if u are doig a blue emblem i think a color matched headlight would be sweet

gnat1000

Reaction score
if u are doig a blue emblem i think a color matched headlight would be sweet

Yeah I saw how lenie's looked but thats not really what i'm going for. More of a blue and black design. Might get those eyelids from C2C. That should help some.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
On the exterior, I think it might look a little weird with black headilghts, a blue emblem, and gun metal wheels. Just my 2 cents though.:hmmmm2:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
On the exterior, I think it might look a little weird with black headilghts, a blue emblem, and gun metal wheels. Just my 2 cents though.:hmmmm2:

yeah i agree ... but thats a nice set up ... thats the look im going for on my exterior ... good luck ... would love to see the outcome :top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
If the letters are gonna be black, i would do the emblem in black, and i really like your sound setup. i would do a jl sub too. like a w3 or 6

gnat1000

Reaction score

well the reason for the gunmetal was that I work for a chalk plant so the rims would never be clean if they were black. So I was thinking of going with something a little lighter. But I see what you mean. Just might go with black. Will have to see

gnat1000

Reaction score
where is the sub box going to go?

It's a custom box that will go in between the 2 seats in the back. I'm talking with someone that has one for sale. Only problem is that it was made for a square sub so that limits my options

bcutshall

Reaction score
if i was you, i would take your box idea to a shop to see what they can make for you so you are not limited to a square sub...

gnat1000

Reaction score
if i was you, i would take your box idea to a shop to see what they can make for you so you are not limited to a square sub...

yeah thats not a bad idea. I might just get the box and copy it except for making it work for a round sub instead of square.

Troskey

Reaction score
yo fool...where you gettin your rims powder coated? and how much?

bcutshall

Reaction score
yeah thats not a bad idea. I might just get the box and copy it except for making it work for a round sub instead of square.

that way you will have more subs to chose from other than kicker. plus if you go with a sub that requires less air space, you box will be a lot smaller. those kicker boxes are huge

rexrunner

Reaction score
thats the exact same strereo setup I have lol. I also have the alpine w200, you will love the sound. I think I am going to go with two 8w3v3 under the rear seats:rock: , maybe you can try an play around with a box under there

gnat1000

Reaction score
yo fool...where you gettin your rims powder coated? and how much?

Some guy I found in dublin. He will do them for $40 a rim. Oh and sorry I didn't hit ya up about hanging out last weekend. We will have to meet up soon though. Hopin Rob will have a another mod day sometime soon

gnat1000

Reaction score
Well talked to the guy today and we should be ready to go with the black powder coating. I will call him middle of next week and make sure he hasn't gotten backed up but I should have them finished by next weekend. Final price was $40 a rim. I will post some before and after pics.

gnat1000

Reaction score
Well just updated everything. I got the black tailgate decals coming and should have them on this week or the next. Hoping to have everything listed done by X-fest

Top Bottom