Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Possible Sway Bar Upgrade! Need Support!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I want a 1/4 inch upgrade in the front (where the weight is) and 1/8 in the rear. :rock:

Just curious, but do you know what that is going to do to your handling?? By installing a stiffer front sway bar (while keeping all other suspension settings unchanged), you will increase weight transfer on the front axle during cornering. This will increase understeer, and the truck has a bit too much understeer as it is. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
By upgrading it will not be such a big deal. These will help performance. I did this on 2 other trucks and they handled like go karts. :top:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I would say go a 1/8inch more front and rear and also make them so they are adjustable maybe three different adjustments would be nice that way for the we could tune the sway bars for our own uses and even adjust them for the track and for road use i would be intrested in them for sure because i am always flying down tight curvy backroads.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious, but do you know what that is going to do to your handling?? By installing a stiffer front sway bar (while keeping all other suspension settings unchanged), you will increase weight transfer on the front axle during cornering. This will increase understeer, and the truck has a bit too much understeer as it is. :top:
To be honest with ya I don't have the under steer problem. And think about it, if you put a bigger sway bar on our trucks they are ANTI-SWAY bars. that's it. So as far as weight transfer ??? the weight will be there sway bar or not. All the sway bar will do to point it out to our members is keep the truck more level in turns. It is my favorite mod on my past trucks. :top:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I didnt know anyone made adjustable sway bars lol ..... first though gotta get them interested probably make an unadjustable one then if all goes well hit them with the adjustable idea lol

XrunnIT

Reaction score
By upgrading it will not be such a big deal. These will help performance. I did this on 2 other trucks and they handled like go karts. :top:

Upgraded sway bars are useless even for spirited driving. Performance sway bars are only needed for racing. It would be like putting drag slicks on a stock Geo Metro. Hickman, and Oxi are the only two drivers on here that I could see even considering an upgraded sway bar, and I can assure you that neither of them ever did it as it wasn't needed.

To be honest with ya I don't have the under steer problem. And think about it, if you put a bigger sway bar on our trucks they are ANTI-SWAY bars. that's it. So as far as weight transfer ??? the weight will be there sway bar or not. All the sway bar will do to point it out to our members is keep the truck more level in turns. It is my favorite mod on my past trucks. :top:

I will post up a new thread on the purpose of sway bars and how they work so everybody will understand what they do, and when upgrading is needed. :top:

Last edited:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup on sway bars. I posted one also. But our trucks are so damn heavy that an upgraded bar can only help noy hurt our steering and handling. Let's move ahead and get this bar for our trucks.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I'll talk to my nieghbor see what he has to say and get you the info your requested dallas

mergen

Reaction score
Im with dallascowboys, wont hurt to try larger sway bars, the truck does have some body roll. r&d is where its at. Got to try new things, even if you got to spend money.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Im with dallascowboys, wont hurt to try larger sway bars, the truck does have some body roll. r&d is where its at. Got to try new things, even if you got to spend money.
That's my feeling too. A bigger bar especially in the rear is needed. :top:

Top Bottom