Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pre runner lowering

Reaction score
Looking at lowering kits. May buy in January or March depending on how much money I can save. What are my options? The Tundra racing one is tried and true, but is there any other choice? Any drop coils or blocks work? I don't k ow much about suspension, but with instructions and a buddy, I would like to do the install myself... Said buddy is district manager for jiffy lube, so we could use the shop after hours....

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Well how low are you wanting to go? That will tell how much is going to be involved.

Reaction score
Well how low are you wanting to go? That will tell how much is going to be involved.
doesn't matter if I can keep my current tires I just bought... there stock 265/70 r16.... the tundra racing will fit which is a 2/3.5 drop from my reading.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Minus what I did, there isn't really. There are other readily available parts to be able to accomplish the same end result as mine though.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get an axle flip kit.

Get QA1 coilovers with the top adapter for your truck. Yours is different than the XR.

Add in low profile rear bump stops.

Your tires would be on the verge of fitment. My stock spare still fit on my truck though, so yours might fit as well.

Reaction score
Get an axle flip kit.

Get QA1 coilovers with the top adapter for your truck. Yours is different than the XR.

Add in low profile rear bump stops.

Your tires would be on the verge of fitment. My stock spare still fit on my truck though, so yours might fit as well.

You wouldn't happen to have links? I would not want to get the wrong order...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine axle flip perches were from calvert racing. But they required extra work. There are plenty of kits from manufacturers on T.W. Those will be simple bolt on perches. That is where you want to look.

Then www.xiiperformance.com You'll need to speak with them directly to explain the fact that you have a PreRunner.

Reaction score
Mine axle flip perches were from calvert racing. But they required extra work. There are plenty of kits from manufacturers on T.W. Those will be simple bolt on perches. That is where you want to look.

Then www.xiiperformance.com You'll need to speak with them directly to explain the fact that you have a PreRunner.

How much would the kits to do all that run me, also how low would it be?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the lowering kit components are listed in the link which Gadget posted.

However, for the off-road flip kits(spring under axle), I do not know how much their costs are.

Basically the same as the kit listed above, minus the rear shackle. I am using the OEM rear shackle. Which means that my truck sits nearly as high as a lowered XR. Higher than a DJM lowered XR.

My method, is do-able. The kits posted are easier. Just depends on how low you want to go.

Reaction score
Most of the lowering kit components are listed in the link which Gadget posted.

However, for the off-road flip kits(spring under axle), I do not know how much their costs are.

Basically the same as the kit listed above, minus the rear shackle. I am using the OEM rear shackle. Which means that my truck sits nearly as high as a lowered XR. Higher than a DJM lowered XR.

My method, is do-able. The kits posted are easier. Just depends on how low you want to go.

That kit gadget posted looks to be the tundra racing kit. If it will get me low enough for the track, I'll get that kit.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The upgrade to that kit would be the QA1 coilovers.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
For front end adjustability, sometime down the road. If you are so inclined.

Reaction score
Nice guy on TacomaWorld photoshopped this for me...

Attachments

• spoilerLowereTease.jpg
    spoilerLowereTease.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 188

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there you have it. :top:

Top Bottom